Gibson Brands Forums

Bargain project.

LarryUK

NxWf34O.jpg

I saw an ad yesterday for a guitar and snapped it up within half an hour.

It was an Eko El Gaucho. A gypsy guitar.

Imgur

I've put a post in Imgur to show the condition. Someone has spray painted the back and made a mess by the strap button. I've also put a photo of the closest one I could find on the net. It was £1299. I paid £40!!

How would you strip the back? Paint stripper?

Edited by LarryUK

Cracked heel looks the worst bit.

Total bargain though!

The crack seems to be from an attempt to fit a strap button or the output jack to the pickup. It's been glued but I think the neck may need to re-set. I'll take some more pics as I want advice on some jobs. I've thought about using a water based blanket stripper on the back as you can control exactly where you want it.

https://www.restexpress.co.uk/acatalog/Peel_Away_7.html

The crack seems to be from an attempt to fit a strap button or the output jack to the pickup. It's been glued but I think the neck may need to re-set. I'll take some more pics as I want advice on some jobs. I've thought about using a water based blanket stripper on the back as you can control exactly where you want it.

https://www.restexpress.co.uk/acatalog/Peel_Away_7.html

That sounds good if you want to remove the clear coat and refinish it, but then there are a lot of options