Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rabs

Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Vintage Strings

Really.... :unsure: (barrel, bottom, scraping?)

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-jimi-hendrix-voodoo-child-electric-guitar-strings-nickel

Make a fundamental piece of his full, warm tone yours by winding up a set of Voodoo ChildTM Strings, with Jimis signature heavy-high, light-low gauge setup. Easy to bend and full of the magic that was the source of his sound, these strings are a painstaking recreation of Jimis beloveds. Move over Roverand let Jimis strings take over.

.010, .013, .015, .026, .032, .038

Edited by Rabs

.010 is a heavy high? How about SRVs .012? Try bending that like your life depended on it...

Only compared to the bass strings... 10s are pretty much the standard for most people on the high end.

Yes Jimi did play with those gauges, 0.10 to 0.38 tuned down to Eb. The Fender set he used was 3150R Super Bullets.

I tried them myself several times, very good to play. I even kept the front paper of the last packet I bought and still have it.

3150Rstrings.jpg

Edited by jdgm

Really.... :unsure: (barrel, bottom, scraping?)

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-jimi-hendrix-voodoo-child-electric-guitar-strings-nickel

Make a fundamental piece of his full, warm tone yours by winding up a set of Voodoo ChildTM Strings, with Jimi’s signature heavy-high, light-low gauge setup. Easy to bend and full of the magic that was the source of his sound, these strings are a painstaking recreation of Jimi’s beloveds. Move over Rover–and let Jimi’s strings take over.

.010, .013, .015, .026, .032, .038

"That was the source of his sound". LOL.

Im gonna get a hendrix strat, strings and a hat so I can play like him!!! (that WOULD need some voodoo!!)

Im gonna get a hendrix strat, strings and a hat so I can play like him!!! (that WOULD need some voodoo!!)

Surely that's all it'll take, nothing else, right? :)