Gibson Brands Forums

London over the holidays

MorrisrownSal

Ohh man... Don't go to a pantomime.. They were already old fashioned when I was growing up in the 80s.. Nothing but cliché... Theres just so many better things to do than that.

So how bad was it?

Like, the closest I've seen was a Punch and Judy tale about domestic violence in a public park passing by with my family as a child.

Or is it a song and dance or what, I hear there's a lot of friendly interaction with the audience opposed to heckling at the Borderline (Next to Crow Bar). - I'm at home in that but Panto, not yet...

Is it fun (for someone who's ever got a family in tow?)

And, how Seasonal and Cheesy and Cliche is it? Like, I can imagine it's bad, but, how bad actually is it? Is it for families or babies? I honestly don't know.

Okay... I'm watching Last Year's Cinderella on YouTube, at Millennium Forum in Derry, Northern Ireland, I'm watching it on another device and I don't want to share any spoilers or nothing if anyone wants to go see it this year, but...

It's like, omg, don't go, it's like Glee. But then it's live, like live band (off scene but still jamming) and the cast are all singing so it's good! but's bad, because it's like Glee.

Oh, and yeah, it's not even an adult show, so a drag queen isn't the same as the ones I know about in Soho.

Like ugly sisters are guys in drag singing it's Raining Men.

On second thought, I guess it is like Soho without the drugs and the bullshit.

So Pantomine; The audience sound like they're in grade school, and aside from the song and dance and a drag act...

You're still left with a family favourite story.

So you still get to meet all the well known characters from all the great old fairy tales, so it's like a family movie;

But then it's all live, but then it's like the story's constantly talking to you and letting you/the audience join in.

A lot of popular songs covered from Queen to Adele to Green Day.

But it's TV stars mostly working through their Holidays from whatever shows they're on (because it's like, oh sh*t, I think I recognise that person).

So this must be another season to work through and the real holidays from them during their breaks for their shows are their private breaks from Panto - because it's still work.

So how bad was it?

Like, the closest I've seen was a Punch and Judy tale about domestic violence in a public park passing by with my family as a child.

Or is it a song and dance or what, I hear there's a lot of friendly interaction with the audience opposed to heckling at the Borderline (Next to Crow Bar). - I'm at home in that but Panto, not yet...

Is it fun (for someone who's ever got a family in tow?)

And, how Seasonal and Cheesy and Cliche is it? Like, I can imagine it's bad, but, how bad actually is it? Is it for families or babies? I honestly don't know.

I think ive only been to one and that was a long time a go.

Yes really its for 6 year old type age....

Lots of shouting "HE'S BEHIND YOU" sort of thing.....

More clichéd than a Carry On film and that's saying something (but no where near as funny).

I just think the world has moved on a bit since pantomime.. Hey, maybe these days they do it with interactive wi/fi and the kids can play along on their phones and tablets :)

I would agree about going to the Royal Albert Hall if you want to go to a gig.. I absolutely love that place. Its one of those really old buildings you can walk in to and feel the history of whats happened there.. And what an amazing history it has.

Ive seen Robert Plant, BB King (with Slash, Ron Wood and Derek Trucks) and James Brown there amongst others...

..Hey, maybe these days they do it with interactive wi/fi and the kids can play along on their phones and tablets :)...

Not quite, according to YouTube, they just sing a bunch of songs like Glee and crack the odd joke.

This is the best guitar strap I own, the best guitar strap I've seen, and, lucky for me I guess, it's available in different guitar shops up and down Denmark Street (not all of them, but some of them) - hand made in the London area, used by the greats;

Bearstraps guitar strap. - what I'm talking about..

https://www.bearstraps.com/

Found on the shop floors in these guitar shops, IMO, for any guitarist/visitor - for years worth of everyday enjoyment/memento of your trip to London - Bearstraps are great guitar straps.

Let's just put it like this, so you can understand what I'm talkin' about here...

'I have have two Gibsons, and two Bearstraps, and, I trust Bearstraps with my Gibsons.'

Does that make it clear enough for those coming to town? - Try get yourselves these for your guitars back home; you'd be thankful you did, since it's almost like a gift to yourself from your trip to London, so - forever will be; 'some souvenir from your trip to London' for you.

Metal!!!!!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am open minded, and I will learn how to say Crikey, Bloody, Bees Knees, Bagsy, and Bogs Standard.....

However...

This is the strap worthy of a Gibson... I bought it a while back, and Sully customized the size and holes for me.

https://sullysstraps.com/products/guitar-banjo-1062/

Soft.

Soft like a baby;s bottom....

Metal!!!!!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am open minded, and I will learn how to say Crikey, Bloody, Bees Knees, Bagsy, and Bogs Standard.....

However...

This is the strap worthy of a Gibson... I bought it a while back, and Sully customized the size and holes for me.

https://sullysstraps.com/products/guitar-banjo-1062/

Soft.

Soft like a baby;s bottom....

Jodi head makes best straps

Archived