Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LWAG

Your Guitar Straps

I have a bunch of great and interesting guitar straps.

But the one I'm fond of raving on about, is the ones that are on my Gibsons.

It's no happy accident that this is the case.

It is simply because, it's a brilliant guitar strap.

It's one that's found here in town (where I'm from), and; yeah.

It's called Bearstraps.

https://www.bearstraps.com/

What guitar straps do you like?

Got any videos of a guitar strap you wish to talk about, I'd love to see it.

(could just be a video of somebody playing guitar with it)..

Edited by LWAG

I am sure that those are very fine straps.

A little too much bling for me, personnaly. I like a subtle, organic, strap, that looks well-worn after broken in.

More leather work than metal embellishments, i guess?

Bear straps hand made by Rupert. Is that Rupert the bear? Lol

They look nice. I just have plain straps, not even sure the brand.

I have a weakness for straps. These are my extras. I have most of the specialty straps in guitar cases.

Of all of them, my favorite has been the suede one at the bottom of the pictures. Very soft and comfortable. I used it for years when I played out.

CF6F4F2F-507B-4B71-A0A9-1B42F680BC3C_zpssywv8pfe.jpg

This is from the best strap manufacturer I've found to date - after Riffster (I believe it was) bought one and posted it in the forum. Heistercamp.

All straps are made to individual order and the styles and options available are numerous! The overall quality and attention to detail are superb.

It is possible to choose from a range of:

Strap-styles; colour; backing material (smooth or suede); stitching colour (matching / contrast); buckle style / colour; overall length; width (2 1/2" or 3"); hole style (small keyhole / large keyhole / straplock plain circle) and whether to go for any personalisation or not.

lo-res_IMG_7616_zpssvmzhiwy.jpg

lo-res_IMG_7617_zpszpl9lfaf.jpg

Here's where to find them (I have no affiliation whatsoever);

https://www.heisterc...-guitar-straps/

Pip.

Edited by pippy

This is from the best strap manufacturer I've found to date - after Riffster (I believe it was) bought one and posted it in the forum. Heistercamp.

All straps are made to individual order and the styles and options available are numerous! The overall quality and attention to detail are superb.

Strap-styles; colour; backing material (smooth or suede); stitching colour (matching / contrast); buckle style / colour; overall length; width (2 1/2" or 3"); hole style (small keyhole / large keyhole / straplock plain circle) and whether to go for any personalisation or not.

Pip.

those are beautiful. I remember his post and I periodically check out their website. I really want to get one. I like that grey. very nice.

I have many straps......my cheap ones are ernie ball leather straps.

My Favorites though are the custom ones I have from Longhorn Leathers LLC.

RrIovgq.jpg

Each one is an amazing work of art. Duncan Clark does an incredible job on them and I couldn't be happier.

NHTom

I like to plug these guys... North Star Leather Works in Ruby, SC. These were each around $50. You pick the color and pattern and how it adorns the strap.

tVDe6zn.png?1

The one on the left goes on a 335 burst, the center for a red Epi Dot, and the right on a burst LP Standard.

North Star Leather

Edited by zigzag

I have many straps......my cheap ones are ernie ball leather straps.

My Favorites though are the custom ones I have from Longhorn Leathers LLC.

RrIovgq.jpg

Each one is an amazing work of art. Duncan Clark does an incredible job on them and I couldn't be happier.

NHTom

I'm liking those a lot! Particularly the Brown one with Conchos. I'd like something line that in Black...

Edited by Larsongs

Pip.

im in love with that strap now! beautiful color

im in love with that strap now! beautiful color

I agree. thats exactly what I'd like to get. the Grey with Black suede backing, contrast stitching. thats really sharp. Lp not too shabby either.

Edited by Karloff

That looks blue to me.

yea, I couldn't tell at 1st if it was blue or grey. on the website the blues they offer look darker. dunno ...

yea, it does look more blue than grey come to think of it. I'll go sit down ...

thats one ugly strap. why he didn't get grey I'll never know.

Edited by Karloff

...Thats exactly what I'd like to get. the Grey with Black suede backing, contrast stitching....
That looks blue to me...
...thats one ugly strap. why he didn't get grey I'll never know...

msp_laugh.gif

It was to match my 501's.......

Sorted...

Gray_strap.jpg

Pip.

Edited by pippy

...Grey with Black suede backing, contrast stitching. that's really sharp...

The closest I could match to your 'Wants' from the current range was ;

Classic Straps / Bee Tor / Grey / Suede / Black / Ochre / Antique Silver / 43" / 3" / (to choice) / No / No / No.

They went through a very strange period a year or so ago where they only offered straps in (in effect) two colours and either two or three shades; Black; Grey; Light Tan; Dark Tan; Brown. That was it. In point of fact my actual style of strap ("Apache") is no longer listed at all...

I'm glad to see they are offering some of their range in a much wider choice of colours once more even if it's not quite the same as it was back when I bought my grey blue one. The Super Soft range of straps, for example, are available in a choice of 13 'front' colours coupled with a choice of 7 'lining' colours in two finishes.

FWIW I originally bought the strap for my R0 (as pictured) but it was such a great match for my Lake Placid Blue Strat that, once more, I need one for my R0.

Hey! Xmas is approaching and I'm always a tricky prospect as far as pressies from my wife are concerned!......msp_smile.gif......

Pip.

Edited by pippy

I would love to have the Gibson Austin strap. I love the look and I love that style. It is pricey so I think I'll ask the wife if she would get it for me for Christmas.

I3sUQQP.png

Edited by Airedale1

Pip, after your post I had to go to the website and start checking them out again. maybe my Christmas present to myself. lol.

I would love to have the Gibson Austin strap. I love the look and I love that style. It is pricey so I think I'll ask the wife if she would get it for me for Christmas.

I3sUQQP.png

I've always liked the thin retro straps. I like them with a worn look with edge stitching. This Gibson strap is too expensive though. You could have a really nice one made for what it costs. I like the Dimarzio clip lock, but they're expensive too for what they are.

Edited by LarryUK

Straps are one thing I'm not too picky about. I have straps from various brands. Only thing I was/am a bit picky about is that on a couple of my Les Pauls I had to have some lightning bolt straps and a music note strap on my 2014 sunburst Stratocaster, hence me being huge KISS and SRV fans, haha. [biggrin] As long as they're good quality, look good, and are comfortable I'm good.

I have a few straps but for my Les Paul I did buy a Heistercamp strap, (also use it with my Epi Wildkat) yes, I was the one that posted about them. I want another for my Explorer one day.

Excellent materials, design and workmanship.

31291945518_6396b8134f_c.jpg

Here's my Heistercamp

IMG_E4539_zpsh081f2kp.jpg

Here's my '66 Gretsch with it's original strap

IMG_E4547_zpsm9lr0f3w.jpg

Here's the Gibson strap they put with the Centennial collection

IMG_E4545_zpsyst2tzit.jpg

Here's the Strap that came with the HD40MS, sterling silver buckle

IMG_E4544_zps9tbckna7.jpg

Here's one I paired up with the D28EP. I usually leave the leather cover off.

IMG_E4546_zpssrdaiyfl.jpg