Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Black Dog

you are SO helpful!!

LOL!

not likely however as we just had to replace our washer and dryer.. So there's that........

but, in time,, in time...

I would love to have another gold top, last one was a 73 deluxe that I bought when I was in high school. (it was either that or an AMC Gremlim, didn't buy the car, turns out, I made the right choice.)

If that gold top is half as good as my r7 gold top then you’ll have a blast with it.

My r7 gold top is my go to guitar I’m no way any sort of player,but when I pick that guitar up it just sits in my hands and plays easily even for me.have fun.

Cheers derekr.

Thanks to everyone for the remarks. It's been a few days now and I've played it at least an hour everyday. I have it setup with 10-52s and tuned in D standard. This thing roars. Tone, sustain, feel, sound, it's got it all. To be fair, so does my R0. After all, other than the finish, they're nearly identical. They both have Wildwood spec Custombuckers that are slightly under-wound and they sound amazing.

I have to say, to those who have said the Custom Shop is putting out poor quality, at least in my experience, that is absolutely not the case. And in fact, I just don't believe it.

I thought r7s came with 57 classic pickups,i though that’s what’s on mine,will need to check that.if it is 57 classics they absolutely rock and i wouldn’t change them out for anything else.all my Gibson’s are stock and i don’t see the need to change anything on them as that is how Gibson built them.

I thought r7s came with 57 classic pickups...

The reissues have been made using a variety of different pickups over the years.

They used to be fitted with 57 Classics but, more recently, have come with the likes of Burstbuckers, Custombuckers and so on.

FWIW my R9 and R0 both have 57 Classics and I love them. I wouldn't swap them out for anything else.

I don't know if there are more 'Vintage' sounding PAF clones available - there probably are - but as the ones I have sound superb why change?

Pip.

The reissues have been made using a variety of different pickups over the years.

They used to be fitted with 57 Classics but, more recently, have come with the likes of Burstbuckers, Custombuckers and so on.

FWIW my R9 and R0 both have 57 Classics and I love them. I wouldn't swap them out for anything else.

I don't know if there are more 'Vintage' sounding PAF clones available - there probably are - but as the ones I have sound superb why change?

Pip.

I have 57 Classics in my SG and would never change them. IMO, they are fantastic.

Archived