Gibson Brands Forums

J200 Centennial —help please

Johnt

Guys

I’ve been debating whether to sell my 06 SJ200 Koa or the 94 Centennial SB

I think the Koa has to stay , especially as I have a Centennial 34 Jumbo to go as well( make a nice matched pair with the J200)

Can anyone please advise the spec of the J200?

The docs say J200 VS but what are the woods etc

Thanks in advance

John

Is the guitar similar to this one? Read this description:

https://reverb.com/item/2451237-1994-gibson-1938-sj-200-centennial-limited-100th-anniversary-super-jumbo

"1994 Gibson 1938 SJ-200 Centennial Limited 100th Anniversary Super Jumbo Acoustic Guitar in Vintage Sunburst with original case. To celebrate their 100th anniversary, Gibson re-issued 12 special guitars in 1994, with each model hand-crafted in a limited run of only 100 instruments. 1938 Super Jumbo 200- Prewar SJ200 has the uniquely distinct characteristics that briefly appeared in its first few years of production. Only 96 SJ-200s were built before WWII. Spruce top, maple back & sides, period-style multiple fingerboard binding, classic individual saddle posts, height adjusters, pre-war ebony mustache bridge, never before reproduced pre-war pick-guard with multi colored celluloid dots & beautiful floral design, and authentic large white-bordered truss rod cover."

like this one too?

This is from Gruhn in 2010:

Is yours the Ray Whitley?

AfBqNT7l.jpg

Is the guitar similar to this one? Read this description:

https://reverb.com/item/2451237-1994-gibson-1938-sj-200-centennial-limited-100th-anniversary-super-jumbo

"1994 Gibson 1938 SJ-200 Centennial Limited 100th Anniversary Super Jumbo Acoustic Guitar in Vintage Sunburst with original case. To celebrate their 100th anniversary, Gibson re-issued 12 special guitars in 1994, with each model hand-crafted in a limited run of only 100 instruments. 1938 Super Jumbo 200- Prewar SJ200 has the uniquely distinct characteristics that briefly appeared in its first few years of production. Only 96 SJ-200s were built before WWII. Spruce top, maple back & sides, period-style multiple fingerboard binding, classic individual saddle posts, height adjusters, pre-war ebony mustache bridge, never before reproduced pre-war pick-guard with multi colored celluloid dots & beautiful floral design, and authentic large white-bordered truss rod cover."

like this one too?

This is from Gruhn in 2010:

Is yours the Ray Whitley?

AfBqNT7l.jpg

No I don’t think so

Will check but it’s in store at moment

John

Archived