Gibson Brands Forums

My New Baby!

charlie brown

Hi All,

Well, after 5 years, of no "new," or even used, Gibson Les Paul guitars, I finally bit the bullet,

again, and bought this little beauty (to me, anyway), and received it, this afternoon. It's

"Flawless!" Both in fit and finish, but also in set up, right out of the case. Plugged her

in, and WOW!!!..."Old School" (That's ME [biggrin]) tone and sustain, to die for!

GREAT JOB, Gibson!!! Couldn't be happier, at this point!

vhXRuHe.jpg

Cheers,

CB

Very nice! There's a bit of Gold Top fever going round!

How's your Epi LP Custom with the P90s CB?

It's outstanding, as well! [thumbup][biggrin] Just couldn't resist (any longer) a Gibby Gold Top, LP with P-90's!

Can't afford a Custom Shop R6, so this was the next best thing, that was within my budget! And, as I

stated, I couldn't be happier, with it! [wub]

CB

Hi All,

Well, after 5 years, of no "new," or even used, Gibson Les Paul guitars, I finally bit the bullet,

again, and bought this little beauty (to me, anyway), and received it, this afternoon. It's

"Flawless!" Both in fit and finish, but also in set up, right out of the case. Plugged her

in, and WOW!!!..."Old School" (That's ME [biggrin]) tone and sustain, to die for!

GREAT JOB, Gibson!!! Couldn't be happier, at this point!

vhXRuHe.jpg

Cheers,

CB

I love the way those feel and sound .....

Hmm something very familiar about it.... oh... my red metalic top...

sXbRUsb.jpg

I love my guitar but its just a hot facsimile compared to yours.... :)

Very nice. All these recent NGD postings with LP Goldtops has me feeling like one of Pavlov's dogs after hearing the bell ring (salivating). Especially with the P90s. Doesn't get any better than that. Congrats and enjoy.

Very nice. All these recent NGD postings with LP Goldtops has me feeling like one of Pavlov's dogs after hearing the bell ring (salivating). Especially with the P90s. Doesn't get any better than that. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks, tx-ogre! I agree...P-90 Gold Tops are awesome! [thumbup]

CB

...Can't afford a Custom Shop R6, so this was the next best thing...

I've been ogling those myself an awful lot recently and with the same reasoning you mention.

Stunning guitar. Delighted to hear it was perfect right out of the box too!

Play Long and Prosper CB!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

That's awesome. I know what you mean about that guitar. I got mine at Sweetwater this summer and absolutely love that guitar. It's a Goldtop with P90's as well. I played it all night after getting it and for the next week or two, much to the dismay of my other guitars. How heavy is yours? Mine's a brute at right at 11 pounds. Congratulations!

I really liked the 2018 Classics because of the gold top/P-90 combo, which you rarely see these days with newly issued or reissued models. The P-90s also made it easier to justify buying "another" Les Paul. Apparently, though, the 2018 Classics failed in overall sales (worst performing model and year according to UK-based Andertons). Gibson went back to non-P-90s for the 2019 lineup.

The red LP with P-90s above looks stunning as well.

Apparently, though, the 2018 Classics failed in overall sales (worst performing model and year according to UK-based Andertons).

Good, that means a price drop soon! A black one would be cool too and I definitely like the red one.

Nice choice, Charlie Brown!

How does it sound compared to your Les Paul Specials? I believe you have both single and double cutaway?

I noticed quite a difference between my cheapie faded Double Cutaway (sounded really good) and my SG Classic and LP Special w/ ebony fret board (limited edition).

Neither one sounded as good as the cheapie faded although they were both a bit more upscale.

Archived