Gibson Brands Forums

MY FIRST GIBSON

fieldho

Hello, I'm new here so here goes. I won my first Gibson via an online sweepstakes from Sweatwater music. It's an Ebony Studio ROBOT, Gen 1. It's a 2009 model I've had for some time. I LOVE HER! While I have several other guitars, this is, my favorite. I'm no professional but I am a musician, always have been, while I've always admired the amount of dedication required to perfect this art, I have settled for self gratification and have rarely played for an audience. Since my career choice has cost me partial use of my hands and fingers, I'm somewhat limited in my playing progression. This, and now, my age (65), I am resolved to continue my humble enjoyment of my music. I am happy to be in the company of those that have sacrificed the time and effort to reach a higher goal. Anyway, I'm just glad to be here for ever how long that may be, HI Y'ALL!! \:D/

I won my first Gibson via an online sweepstakes from Sweatwater music....

No way! That's amazing! When I've entered guitar sweepstakes, all I've gotten is junk email!

I'm no professional but I am a musician, always have been... I have settled for self gratification and have rarely played for an audience....

I did a little gigging many moons ago, but I'm pretty much in the same boat as you now. I expect we're not alone, although there are a lot of pro players here, too.

....Anyway, I'm just glad to be here for ever how long that may be, HI Y'ALL!! \:D/

Heh, I hear ya. Welcome to the boards!

Hello, I'm new here so here goes. I won my first Gibson via an online sweepstakes from Sweatwater music. It's an Ebony Studio ROBOT, Gen 1. It's a 2009 model I've had for some time. I LOVE HER! While I have several other guitars, this is, my favorite. I'm no professional but I am a musician, always have been, while I've always admired the amount of dedication required to perfect this art, I have settled for self gratification and have rarely played for an audience. Since my career choice has cost me partial use of my hands and fingers, I'm somewhat limited in my playing progression. This, and now, my age (65), I am resolved to continue my humble enjoyment of my music. I am happy to be in the company of those that have sacrificed the time and effort to reach a higher goal. Anyway, I'm just glad to be here for ever how long that may be, HI Y'ALL!! \:D/

hii!

wow talk about luck!

As long as you enjoy what you play its all that matters msp_thumbup.gif

Wow! That's such a good story!

Many of us are in the same situation as you - we rarely (if ever!) play for more than ourselves. Personally, I've promised myself to play at an open mic club this winter. It's giving me good motivation to practice-practice-practice!

Enjoy the forums, and of course, welcome!

Mike

Hello and welcome to the forum Fieldho. msp_thumbup.gif Thats incredible winning a Gibson. Man, wish I was as lucky. msp_rolleyes.gif You will fit right in here. By the way, I'm 65 too and many are older then us. Enjoy your stay.

Archived