Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird VII's like Brian Jones?????

Larsongs

Has Gibson ever offered a RI of a Gibson Reverse Firebird VII like Brian Jones played??? Or has there ever been a Brian Jones Firebird VII?

Or the Non Reverse Firebird he played….

Don't get me wrong I own & like all kinds of Gibsons. But, both of those models are probably the coolest looking Gibson Electric Guitars that were ever made IMO.

I see all different kinds of Firebirds but not any like that?

Thanks,

Lars

Has Gibson ever offered a RI of a Gibson Reverse Firebird VII like Brian Jones played??? Or has there ever been a Brian Jones Firebird VII?

Or the Non Reverse Firebird he played….

Don't get me wrong I own & like all kinds of Gibsons. But, both of those models are probably the coolest looking Gibson Electric Guitars that were ever made IMO.

I see all different kinds of Firebirds but not any like that?

Thanks,

Lars

Now there is a GREAT question. I have NO IDEA, but that is still a GREAT question. I have not seen GIBSON USA issue a Non-Reverse Body FIREBIRD in at least 5 years, and a Non-Reerse Headstock, geez....IDK.....I'd like to see some documentation from GIBSON USA on this matter, but they are usually not too forthcoming with info just for the sake of handing out info (to stifle counterfeiters I have heard...) BUT they will always ID a certain serial# Guitar in seconds when asked on the phone.

Just to clarify Brian Jones played both reverse Head-Stock/Body and Non-Reverse Head-Stock/Body FIREBIRDS, and LMAO, I would like to see a NON-REVERSE BODY with a Reverse Headstock FIREBIRD, that would be some $#!T right there, it would be.....

Now there is a GREAT question. I have NO IDEA, but that is still a GREAT question. I have not seen GIBSON USA issue a Non-Reverse Body FIREBIRD in at least 5 years, and a Non-Reerse Headstock, geez....IDK.....I'd like to see some documentation from GIBSON USA on this matter, but they are usually not too forthcoming with info just for the sake of handing out info (to stifle counterfeiters I have heard...) BUT they will always ID a certain serial# Guitar in seconds when asked on the phone.

Just to clarify Brian Jones played both reverse Head-Stock/Body and Non-Reverse Head-Stock/Body FIREBIRDS, and LMAO, I would like to see a NON-REVERSE BODY with a Reverse Headstock FIREBIRD, that would be some $#!T right there, it would be.....

Right. He played both. Both were just about the best looking Guitars ever made IMO. Great sounding Guitars as well. I really like the MH Pickups.. I'd love to have one of each!

C'mon Gibson!

Noisy as hex though. We were at Bogey's Circle Tavern in Brooklawn NJ, packed house, three level stage, ready to go on, that thing just howled. Had to go home for a Strat. Traded it two days later. I used it at a few venues and was fine, but most of the time it was too much. I got maybe 6 months out of it.

rct

Noisy as hex though. We were at Bogey's Circle Tavern in Brooklawn NJ, packed house, three level stage, ready to go on, that thing just howled. Had to go home for a Strat. Traded it two days later. I used it at a few venues and was fine, but most of the time it was too much. I got maybe 6 months out of it.

rct

YEAH, U should have kept that BAD-BOY !! Today you cant find one like that NON-REVERSE/NON-REVERSE, OMG ! and the P-90's too ! WOW, that is really too bad you got rid of that one.....I do not see the raised Center-Piece though, was/is that a set neck ? or the NECK THROUGH ? tha pics look like from the mid 70's maybe ? so it should have been Neck Thru, yes?

YEAH, U should have kept that BAD-BOY !! Today you cant find one like that NON-REVERSE/NON-REVERSE, OMG ! and the P-90's too ! WOW, that is really too bad you got rid of that one.....I do not see the raised Center-Piece though, was/is that a set neck ? or the NECK THROUGH ? tha pics look like from the mid 70's maybe ? so it should have been Neck Thru, yes?

It's a 66, set neck not neck through.

There was no keeping guitars because they would someday be rare or pricey. We used them or we didn't, and that one I couldn't use.

No regrets at all.

rct

Archived