Gibson Brands Forums

To my dad

Rabs

So sorry, Rabs. You're in a place I have been. Your father was, well, your father and that pretty much covers it. He will live in your heart forever and there is something to that point you will realize more and more as time passes.

I don't know what to say but thank you one and all for your kind and touching words.. It really does help and I am glad I posted this for my dad as I just cant do a speech like that in real life, it would hurt too much and I physically wouldn't be able to do it, but here it is with some very kind and caring people and I am grateful to be part of this community..

Me and my family are all just totally drained right now.. In the build up to his passing someone was with my dad 24 hours a day and it was tough for everyone.. Ive never really been much for family stuff apart from my relationship with my parents, the relationship or lack of one I have with my sisters is very complicated, but actually I think this event has brought us all closer together and im so thankful for the support of my family and friends. I would not have made it without them.

And finally if anyone is interested I got some pictures of where my dad is buried.. Forget the politics and the religion. It really is a very beautiful place and most of all is where he wanted to be.

MDdifZM.jpg

AcMF0sE.jpg

QD8ovfv.jpg

Condolences to you Rabs, and a very nice tribute to a man who seems was a real "stand up" guy, and role model to be proud of.

Thank you..

And yes, if more people in the world were like he was and indeed like a lot of you kind folk we would live in a much nicer place.

prayers to you and yours in your time of need,,I lost my dad this past june,,it happens,,cant change it. Keep the faith

Thanks... The mourning period is over now where we have to sit and have the evening prayers at my parents house.. Mainly now we are just worried about my mum.. Just as all of this started with my dad she was diagnosed with the beginnings of dementia.. Not even sure if shes really accepted it yet so someone will be with her every day for a while.

I know its all inevitable as it is for every one of us... Doesn't really make it easier but these things must be done.. We had a hospital bed loaned to us for the last few weeks. They came and picked it up today and my aunt who has been with us for the last few weeks was really upset, she said she felt like its just all over like my dad was never there.. But the sad fact is theres probably someone out there who needs the bed as bad as my father did. And life goes on :(

Thanks... The mourning period is over now where we have to sit and have the evening prayers at my parents house.. Mainly now we are just worried about my mum.. Just as all of this started with my dad she was diagnosed with the beginnings of dementia.. Not even sure if shes really accepted it yet so someone will be with her every day for a while.

I know its all inevitable as it is for every one of us... Doesn't really make it easier but these things must be done.. We had a hospital bed loaned to us for the last few weeks. They came and picked it up today and my aunt who has been with us for the last few weeks was really upset, she said she felt like its just all over like my dad was never there.. But the sad fact is theres probably someone out there who needs the bed as bad as my father did. And life goes on :(

Oh no. Thats not good either, Dementia runs in our family. I lost several relatives from it so its a good thing someone can be with your mom. Sorry for that news Rabs'.

Really sorry to hear about all the issues, Rabs.

Very, very difficult times.

Thank you for posting the story of your father for us all to share and get to know a little of his character. It is by remembering those we have lost that we can keep them with us always.

Wishing you all the very best.

P.

Really sorry to hear about all the issues, Rabs.

Very, very difficult times.

Thank you for posting the story of your father for us all to share and get to know a little of his character. It is by remembering those we have lost that we can keep them with us always.

Wishing you all the very best.

P.

Thanks guys... I really do appreciate all the kind messages...

condolences Rabs. Just wait until you get my age then you look around and think almost everyone you have known is gone. When I asked my 97 year old grandmother how it felt to be that age she replied "okay, just lonely."

Thank you.

Sadly I don't feel too far off in those terms right now... I have a few friends left one of which has recently been diagnosed with cancer and it seems pretty bad (awaiting test results).. I am divorced with no kids and I doubt I will have any.. When my mums turn comes I will have very little in my life. All I really have is my business but the future of that is uncertain at the moment too.

Thank you.

Sadly I don't feel too far off in those terms right now... I have a few friends left one of which has recently been diagnosed with cancer and it seems pretty bad (awaiting test results).. I am divorced with no kids and I doubt I will have any.. When my mums turn comes I will have very little in my life. All I really have is my business but the future of that is uncertain at the moment too.

Keep your chin up, play music and work; that always cured my woes.

If it's remotely practical, consider joining a band Rabs...it has, and continues to provide a regular hit of mateship, youth, and enthusiastic endeavour to my middle-age life...very beneficial in these times I think. Maybe it'd be the same with you.

If it's remotely practical, consider joining a band Rabs...it has, and continues to provide a regular hit of mateship, youth, and enthusiastic endeavour to my middle-age life...very beneficial in these times I think. Maybe it'd be the same with you.

Cheers.. Its something I have considered a few times.. But im not really up for it at the moment.. Id like to play live again one day, just want to sort my life out a bit first.

These are tough days Rabs, unfortunately we all have to walk down this path, and we miss those we love who have departed every day. Wishing that you and your family can find peace as you get through this. Have faith that in the end, we're all together again in a far better place.

And thanks for sharing your fathers story, well written, and gave us a very good insight into who he was.

These are tough days Rabs, unfortunately we all have to walk down this path, and we miss those we love who have departed every day. Wishing that you and your family can find peace as you get through this. Have faith that in the end, we're all together again in a far better place.

And thanks for sharing your fathers story, well written, and gave us a very good insight into who he was.

Cheers man..

And to everyone else I may have missed.

Things are hard... Mainly as I said above we are worried about my mum at the moment.. Ive been there since Sunday and just got back in and my older sister is there now till Saturday.. Both my sisters think that my mum needs 24/7 watching, I don't actually.. Its a bit OTT if you ask me. It was really weird sleeping in my old bedroom again.

And for me personally.. Im just not sure what to do now. Its all a bit complicated. I need time myself and wont get it till my mum is sorted out one way or another... and I don't know how long this will take.

Archived