Gibson Brands Forums

help identifying a possible protoype

ndfan73

I need help identifying what I think is a Gibson prototype that never made it out of production. I have been told that it was possibly made in 1969-1971 but the prototype was scrapped and never made it to retail. I was told that am employee took this out of the plant. It has a single serial number of 7 on both the back of the headstock and the body. the name on the headstock has been removed, but it looks like it might have said "aceo" or something like that. I hae pictures if annybody can help me at all. I would really appreciate it. It realy is an awesome guitar

cheap copy out of Asia. there are TONS of these floating around out there. it's definitely not a Gibson and surely not a prototype of any sort. i really hope you didn't pay too much for it.

i guess it's also possible someone else made it. i would have to hold it to actually guage a comparative quality. no chance of it being a Gibson though.

cheap copy out of Asia. there are TONS of these floating around out there. it's definitely not a Gibson and surely not a prototype of any sort. i really hope you didn't pay too much for it.

i guess it's also possible someone else made it. i would have to hold it to actually guage a comparative quality. no chance of it being a Gibson though.

+1

Archived