Gibson Brands Forums

Ok so anyone interested in a song project?

bigtim

Ok so I kind of had an idea of sorts. I know there are several of us who record at home or wherever that has access to laying down some tracks. So with that being said, I thought it would be cool to create a sort of instrumental jam or whatever and email it to one another for the person who receives the track to throw it into their DAW and play to it then pass it on to someone else so they can add their tracks and so on. It can be blues, rock, jazz inspired, country or whatever just have fun. I know several of us on here play a bass I have one but I am not a bass player if you know what I mean but could get the job done and there is someone who could probably add an acoustic part, keyboards, drums, banjo, slide or whatever the heck else. It may turn out to be fun and it could really be something cool in my opinion. I get kind of bored with my own playing and get inspiration from other peoples skills anyways. Anyone in? It may turn out real cool.

Ok so I kind of had an idea of sorts. I know there are several of us who record at home or wherever that has access to laying down some tracks. So with that being said, I thought it would be cool to create a sort of instrumental jam or whatever and email it to one another for the person who receives the track to throw it into their DAW and play to it then pass it on to someone else so they can add their tracks and so on. It can be blues, rock, jazz inspired, country or whatever just have fun. I know several of us on here play a bass I have one but I am not a bass player if you know what I mean but could get the job done and there is someone who could probably add an acoustic part, keyboards, drums, banjo, slide or whatever the heck else. It may turn out to be fun and it could really be something cool in my opinion. I get kind of bored with my own playing and get inspiration from other peoples skills anyways. Anyone in? It may turn out real cool.

I might take ya up on that,,,how would you send? MP3 to email? or download basic track from your site,,YT,,Sndcld?

What do you have?

I've got my Iphone. msp_biggrin.gif I have a little handheld Yamaha digital recorder. And I have Cubase loaded onto an old desktop in my bedroom not even connected to the internet. And I can barely remember what little I learned about using Cubase.

Pretty lame huh? msp_blushing.gif

Edit: Oh I just remembered. My Iphone has a Garage Band app. I've never messed with it, although it has opened itself in my pocket and it took me awhile to figure out where that weird beat was coming from. Can that be used?

Edited by saturn

I've got my Iphone. msp_biggrin.gif I have a little handheld Yamaha digital recorder. And I have Cubase loaded onto an old desktop in my bedroom not even connected to the internet. And I can barely remember what little I learned about using Cubase.

Pretty lame huh? msp_blushing.gif

Edit: Oh I just remembered. My Iphone has a Garage Band app. I've never messed with it, although it has opened itself in my pocket and it took me awhile to figure out where that weird beat was coming from. Can that be used?

If you can load your files from your digital recorder onto garage band on your iPhone that would probably be your best bet with what you’ve got. I have an Apogee Duet which can connect to my iPhone and that is actually a pretty nice setup. If you start getting more interested in recording that could be a nice setup for you