Gibson Brands Forums

Drooling Has Commenced

darling67

I like the Pelham blue too. I've seen this for sale and could get it for under £900.

But it's that terrible scribble on the head. I'm surprised you can't even get a decal to cover it. You can get clear LP model decals, but not black. s-l1600.jpg

Very cool - blues machine!

I like Pelham Blue but could never a guitar in it one cos I'd dent the thing and I reckon it would really stand out so badly [sad]

If it’s like the rest of the faded guitars then the whole surface is pitted from the lack of grain filler so a ding might not stand out as much as on a nice smooth surface

Beautiful - and with my very favorite sounding pickups, P90s. What's not to love?

And I've always liked the smaller pickguard SGs too.

SGs are nice and light, which is good for me, and that is as nice looking as the classic cherry stain.

OK, let me clean the drool off my keyboard jhjkjfdashuoijkhjfjkl

Insights and incites by Notes

Beautiful - and with my very favorite sounding pickups, P90s. What's not to love? Nothing but love here!

And I've always liked the smaller pickguard SGs too. Ditto!

SGs are nice and light, which is good for me, and that is as nice looking as the classic cherry stain. Agreed. My old man's back and shoulders can no longer withstand a Les Paul-heavy guitar.

OK, let me clean the drool off my keyboard jhjkjfdashuoijkhjfjkl I am still wiping it off of mine! [drool]

Insights and incites by Notes

Ya...I saw that the other day.....going to have to get this one I think....one must go know tho....msp_crying.gif

I will be getting one of these. No "if", only "when". [love]

I have no more guitars to let go of—that is, none I am willing to let go. This will be an unconditional purchase. [biggrin]

Electrical tape is black! And cheap too!

I like the Pelham blue too. I've seen this for sale and could get it for under £900.

But it's that terrible scribble on the head. I'm surprised you can't even get a decal to cover it. You can get clear LP model decals, but not black. s-l1600.jpg

Hey k.c.!

Haven't gotten one...... yet!

I will be getting one of these. No "if", only "when". [love]

I have no more guitars to let go of—that is, none I am willing to let go. This will be an unconditional purchase. [biggrin]

The 2018 SG/LP jnrs and DC special are already hard to find in many places - I suspect they won't be blown out at low cost anywhere (could be wrong?). This 2019 special will be equally as popular, sell out quickly and not drop in price much, if at all, over time, imho.

Gibson rarely make guitars to this spec; Pelham Blue specials are like gold dust on ebay/reverb - similar specs come out sometimes, like the 2011 60s and the 2016 std, but this special is, as Pip has said, a great spec that's very close to a CS historic guitar (like the LP jnr 1957). The only thing that I'd maybe change are the tuners, but I've the same tuners on my 2018 SG jnr, and they keep tune really well, so functionally they work well and the white buttons look great and authentic as well as being light which is essential on these little specials/juniors.

I'd suggest folks order early rather than being disappointed - these won't be blown out at low prices like SG standards/fadeds are every year or two. I'm kinda tempted to get both colours; keep the PB stock, and mod the B with lightweight locking tuners, a Bare Knuckle PU, maybe a Mojoaxe compensated bridge...

When I read the description “faded Pelham blue” I thought it meant this was part of the “faded” series

Now that I realize it isn’t, wow... GAS

Serious GAS!!! [drool]

Can anyone—and I'm sure someone can—tell me if there's a noticeable difference in the way a guitar, that lacks the Tune-a-matic bridge and just sports the stop-bar tailpiece, plays? Every guitar I've ever owned has had the bridge.

Archived