Gibson Brands Forums

Home recording and Looper pedal

saturn

The other guitar player in my band recently gave me Bonsai Looper pedal to experiment with. I had no previous experience with a looper after a few minutes fumbling around I kinda got the hang of it. The first thing I did was a little version of U2's Bad. Didn't turn out too bad ( no pun intended).

As I said in another post, I have virtually no recording equipment and less experience using it. So I just sat my Iphone next to me and hit the Voice Memo function. Maybe I'm biased, but I was shocked at how good the quality of the sound is. Just a chorus pedal into Looper into THR10 amp and the condenser mic on the phone.

Playing is nothing special. Just an arpegio and melody over top. But I can see that with more practice, this looper could be put to use at acoustic gigs.eusa_think.gif

I haven't used Soundcloud in years, so hopefully I linked it correctly.

I’ve recorded hundreds of clips with iPhones over the past 10 years or so. The mic has major limitations but sometimes actually sounds really cool. Apparently the album Sukierae by Tweedy has tracks that were recorded on an iphone. I’m sure there are other albums that have used tracks recorded with an iPhone mic as well

I’ve also used loopers a lot and they’re fun. I don’t find them very useful in a band context but for playing solo they’re cool. I think they can be great for writing music

I’ve recorded hundreds of clips with iPhones over the past 10 years or so. The mic has major limitations but sometimes actually sounds really cool. Apparently the album Sukierae by Tweedy has tracks that were recorded on an iphone. I’m sure there are other albums that have used tracks recorded with an iPhone mic as well

I’ve also used loopers a lot and they’re fun. I don’t find them very useful in a band context but for playing solo they’re cool. I think they can be great for writing music

:)

:)

Hah that’s cool! I didn’t really care for that song but it is obviously well recorded.

Interesting that for a brief moment you can see David adjusting an 1176 plugin. Wouldn’t think of him as a plugin guy

When I am doing looping or organizing a song structure, I think I tend to get my best results when I focus on giving each layer a distinct or contrasting sound/texture. In other words, after I record one layer, I want the next to sound like a different guitar or a different instrument. I think that can be really fun and productive to try

That sounded real good!! I am not sure if you are familiar with Phil Keaggy or not but he uses a looper all of the time. If you have the time take and check this out. All by himself with a looper pedal. I think you may enjoy it. He is also an extremely good player.

The other guitar player in my band recently gave me Bonsai Looper pedal to experiment with. I had no previous experience with a looper after a few minutes fumbling around I kinda got the hang of it. The first thing I did was a little version of U2's Bad. Didn't turn out too bad ( no pun intended).

As I said in another post, I have virtually no recording equipment and less experience using it. So I just sat my Iphone next to me and hit the Voice Memo function. Maybe I'm biased, but I was shocked at how good the quality of the sound is. Just a chorus pedal into Looper into THR10 amp and the condenser mic on the phone.

Playing is nothing special. Just an arpegio and melody over top. But I can see that with more practice, this looper could be put to use at acoustic gigs.eusa_think.gif

I haven't used Soundcloud in years, so hopefully I linked it correctly.

http://soundcloud.com/jbow00/home-5

Archived