Gibson Brands Forums

Semi-hollow body Les Paul

dem00n

I played one in a store back in the mid 90's. I was VERY unimpressed. It didnt' sound like a Les Paul and it didn't sound like a 335 (both of which I owned at the time)' date=' it was just really wierd.

[/quote']

Hmm mabye 10 years might change it.

I played one in a store back in the mid 90's. I was VERY unimpressed. It didnt' sound like a Les Paul and it didn't sound like a 335 (both of which I owned at the time)' date=' it was just really wierd. [/quote']

Is that bad? I mean, I would hope that it didn't sound like another model guitar as there wouldn't be any point to it other than aesthetics. It doesn't look like my cup of bourbon though; when I see F holes I expect a larger body.

I cant stop thinking about this guitar...

http://www.rudysmusic.com/electric-guitars/pre-owned/2000-gibson-les-paul-florentine-custom-shop-natural

The only thing that ruins it is the headstock gibson logo its like messed up.

Anyone every played one how is it?

dem00n, do you live in NY? You happened to link to my favorite guitar shop. Nice choice!

It's a Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion (original model). See here for details (bottom of the page). Lifeson used it for the guitar solo on Tom Sawyer for the Moving Pictures album. He also used it earlier on Different Strings from the Permanent Waves album. They still sell a Gibson Custom Howard Roberts Fusion III (see here for example).

Archived