Gibson Brands Forums

grovers are imports- silent conspiracy !

jvi

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tuner stuff is just par for the course. Remember the great pickguard placement debate. And who could forget the laminate bridge debacle with Gibson darn near being accused of heresy. It seems at time we forget why exactly we are playing guitar - to make a righteous noise.

Laminate bridges and fretboards to be exact. I still say those kind of cost cutting measures shouldn't have taken place on an expensive guitar.

just seems odd to me with all the talk around here that chinese or wherever tuners seem to be ok to folks on USA Gibson guitars -these tuners suck and should be banned...

I didn't realize they were Chinese, kind of like spending 2 grand on a Jackson and getting a licensed Chinese Floyd Rose.

The two bands I wore out needles and vinyl with were Eagles and The Doors. Midnight Flyer. My Man. On the Border. One of these Nights. Peace Frog. Waiting For the Sun. When the Music's Over...

Sacrilege... Beatles came as a look back for me. As did Dylan...

Then the 80s came. Rush? What was I thinking?

at that time american guitars had american made tuners...still cant believe so many folks are ok with the import thing , cant the US build them anymore or do we like outsourcing? Im sure most would rather have US tuners on US guitars or?...

And The White Album is best album of all time.

I think the tuners on early Ric's and Hofners were made in and obscure little county off the coast of No-Where's-Ville called West-Bumble-Fuk.

not the gibson and martins ... LET ME STATE THAT I AM NOT ANTI IMPORT I JUST THINK A COMPANY LIKE GIBSON SHOULD AND COULD USE USA PARTS-IM NOT SORRY THIS OFFENDS SO MANY ON THIS FORUM BUT DISAPPOINTED

Ok like in other forums it time for Big Bill to put up a picture of U2 and kill the thread.

SO SAYS THE MAIN CONTRIBUTOR ps- when I saw zappa in Hamilton in 75 napoleon murphy brock killed it so good...

So go to Ottawa and have your Parliament pass laws that makes Canada only produce goods from stuff harvested and mined and made with stuff that came from the 10 Canadian Provinces. Been to Canada many times, I guess I was an import when I visited.

you were a visitor not an import

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Detroit, Chicago and NY, 3 of the original 6. Half from south of your boarder.

players were allmost all Canadian, but AGAIN I do not object to items produced elsewhere, just saying if a company like Gibson could use US tuners it would make ME happier, , Im going to St. Alphonso s for pancakes if yer hungry see you there Jim ps a forum united for us tuners could spur gibson to do it ! power to the pickers !!!!

I was in Toronto a few years back and I remember The Leafs were not having a good year. Me and my wife walked down to Air Canada Centre, I think I spelled it the Canuck way, and scalpers wanted like $150 for nose bleed seats. We went and drank and ate instead. We may have went to Pogue Mahone's..

the last good year for TO the tickets were about 10 bucks Canadian and they played maple leaf gardens which had the best concerts in canada in the 60s thru 70s maybe still do

Archived