Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and was only $350.00

bigtim

Well I saw this for sale here locally and it was only 350 bucks. I did not bother waiting around or thinking about it, I just got in the car and went after it. By far the best deal I believe I have spent on a Carvin ever. I have had several in the past but this one is the first bolt on neck Carvin model I have had. It is a Carvin Bolt T2007 model. The company has gone back to the original name which is Kiesel now. Stainless medium jumbo frets, 12" fretboard radius, birdseye maple neck, sperzel locking tuners, gold hardware, book matched curly maple top, alder body, matching headstock and wilkinson trem. Plus it came with the Carvin G&G tweed hardcase with all of the un registered warranty cards and paperwork. I must say it it sure plays and sounds well. The guy I got it from said it belonged to his cousin who passed away. I felt bad because the man lost his life in his mid 30's. And the surviving dad was just selling off the sons guitars because it was just sitting around and no one was playing them. It is a 2007 model and is a brand new, never played. He spent over $1300.00 for it new. I went to their website and punched in the same specs if I were to order the same model with the same features today and it was $1829.00. If any of you ever wondered about if a Carvin played well or if they are any good quality, they definitely are the best bang for the buck on the used market. I could not be happier tonight!!

rtSwnOQ.png

Love the top on that one. It is good looking. I used to see very nice Hamer guitars everywhere back in the 1990 s. I do not ever see them now. Nice looking axe man!

Good buy. It's great to get a bargain. My biggest bargain is my Hamer Mirage. I got it for £625 in a similar sale. To buy similar now would be many thousands.

wXpIlLQ.jpg

Is that the semi hollow model? I have never played one of those. I have another one too. An SC90. It is really a nice one with the flame maple book matched thing going on. It is a neck thru style with a satin finish neck on the back separate from the gloss on the body. Also has ebony fret board with mother of pearl block inlays and locking tuners. It is a nice guitar I must say and was my work horse for the most part but since I have this carvin bolt and since it was so cheap and actually plays better than the others I have, I believe I am going to put the rest away for a while and just make it into the whipping post for awhile.

wBQqZWU.jpg

Carvins are great guitars. I've had an SH550 that I love for a while, and it is the best playing guitar I own. Prolly the prettiest, too.

Is that the semi hollow model?

Yes. I've had it around 6 years... the only Carvin I've ever played. Carved quilted maple top, mahogany back, sides, and neck, ebony fretboard, semi-hollow, medium jumbo frets, reacted polymer finish, locking tuners, stock S-22 split coil pickups. As I said, the best playing guitar I own. Not the best sounding that I own, but still very nice, bright clarity, with a little P-90 growl when split. If I traded out pickups, I'd probably put in Burstbuckers or boutique PAFs, but happy with it as it is. Very well made. Solid.

0D1JKst.jpg

Man that finish is the BOMB!! What a beauty in that green color on that curly top!! Gorgeous! What headstock configuration does this one have? Did you buy it new or used?

Yes. I've had it around 6 years... the only Carvin I've ever played. Carved quilted maple top, mahogany back, sides, and neck, ebony fretboard, semi-hollow, medium jumbo frets, reacted polymer finish, locking tuners, stock S-22 split coil pickups. As I said, the best playing guitar I own. Not the best sounding that I own, but still very nice, bright clarity, with a little P-90 growl when split. If I traded out pickups, I'd probably put in Burstbuckers or boutique PAFs, but happy with it as it is. Very well made. Solid.

0D1JKst.jpg

Man that finish is the BOMB!! What a beauty in that green color on that curly top!! Gorgeous! What headstock configuration does this one have? Did you buy it new or used?

Bought it new. Got everything I wanted, but if I had it to do over again, I'd have gotten stainless steel frets. I really can't say enough good things about it.

I think it would benefit everyone if Gibson adopted the same business model as Carvin, but as big as Gibson is, and with the number of guitars they build, that might not be practical.

Headstock:

u8fEy1C.jpg

Looks like a Lonnie Mack V on high octane!! What a score. I like the

large guard V look better than the new style one they are selling today. Thanks for sharing.

This is how I received it... $350 with hsc...

5-F43-B93-B-6412-41-CA-AA7-C-940-F65-F16953.jpg

And her today..

20181105-193122-2.jpg

Carvin is not out of business. When the founder passed away they took and went back to the name Kiesel which is how it started since the founders last name is Kiesel.

Thought Carvin Guitars was out of Business.. He's just doing Custom Shop under a different name Kiesel...

Not that Great of a business model.......

Very nice and thanks for sharing. I love it.

Bought it new. Got everything I wanted, but if I had it to do over again, I'd have gotten stainless steel frets. I really can't say enough good things about it.

I think it would benefit everyone if Gibson adopted the same business model as Carvin, but as big as Gibson is, and with the number of guitars they build, that might not be practical.

Headstock:

u8fEy1C.jpg

Thought Carvin Guitars was out of Business.. He's just doing Custom Shop under a different name Kiesel...

Not that Great of a business model.......

Kiesel Guitars still maintains a niche market selling the same Carvin guitar line with additional models and modifications. They have discontinued their audio line of amps and will make pedals until that market tanks. It seems apparent that guitar makers are going thru transitional periods. Kiesel is as innovative in the guitar business as anyone, and it remains to be seen if the models and modification options they are marketing will continue to appeal to consumers. All of their guitars have allowed customers to build a line of models to the specs they want, and as such, each guitar is unique to the customer. The build quality is second to none. Sales are direct to consumer, and skipping the middle man allows good margins at low prices. This aspect of their business model could benefit Gibson as well as the consumer.

Part of the problem for Carvin/Kiesel is that consumers can't play them before buying unless they live close to San Diego, know someone who owns one, or has personal experience with them. But they have a very customer friendly return policy, and bank on the fact that their quality, options, and looks sell, and they get relatively few returns. People know Gibson, and their guitars sell themselves. If Gibson could make guitars with the same quality and consistency as Carvin/Kiesel, they and their customers might benefit in cost savings through direct sales.

Carvin is not out of business. When the founder passed away they took and went back to the name Kiesel which is how it started since the founders last name is Kiesel.

There's a pretty misleading Article on Reverb.com then.......

Archived