Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and was only $350.00

bigtim

When the company changed hands and let the next generation family start running the business the p.a. and amp section had poor management. This is what led them to split into different companies. Then the guitar side went and changed their name to the original founder. The amp side retained the name and have pretty much downsized. I do not think they are doing so well. Maybe they still produce Steve Vai amps and they have a new pre amp pedal but it seems the rest have gone under.

There's a pretty misleading Article on Reverb.com then.......

The guitars and options offered by Kiesel are pretty much the same as Carvin with only minor changes, plus Kiesel has expanded the line. Kiesel is also toying with new pickups, and I am waiting for feedback on how those are evolving. Like Carvin amps, their pickups have been either highly praised or cooly received. One thing seems to be indisputable, and that is the value of their product line... as good as you can get for the price, from a product made in the USA. Carvin/Kiesel has a niche market and loyal customer base.

My personal opinion is that Kiesel guitars are on a par with the PRS USA line, with only possibly inferior pickups, which Kiesel is working to change.

Archived