Gibson Brands Forums

1958 C&W

Buc McMaster

Spotted this one and thought of the forum, which I haven't been visiting lately........my bad. Anyway, I seem to recall some here felt the late 50s Gibson acoustics were quite special, and this appears to be one of those. Not listed in his "for sale" section yet, from the blog write up it does appear this one will soo be there. If you're interested, I recommend contacting Jake via email or a phone call if you want a shot a this one.........such instruments never last long on his site.

58 Country Western

Oh and have a great holiday!

Lots there to love. My reservation, if I were in the market, would be the less beefy neck. I tolerate the neck spec of my '61 J-50, which sounds pretty much like the C&W as described, but always prefer a more substantial one.

Lots there to love. My reservation, if I were in the market, would be the less beefy neck. I tolerate the neck spec of my '61 J-50, which sounds pretty much like the C&W as described, but always prefer a more substantial one.

Late 50's necks are a bit fatter than early 60's fairly skinny ones, less beefy than pre-1954, in my experience. Still pretty nice, in general. You sort of need to try them to see how they fit. Nut widths all the same at 1 11/16".

Late 50's necks are a bit fatter than early 60's fairly skinny ones, less beefy than pre-1954, in my experience. Still pretty nice, in general. You sort of need to try them to see how they fit. Nut widths all the same at 1 11/16".

Upon a time, I owned a '59 J-45 (convoluted story about that one & probably should have kept it), but couldn't bond w/the neck.

That’s a great sounding guitar- I have a ‘57 CW with that sound, and I find the neck to be quite comfortable, better than any of the 3 Montana Gibsons I own. The only necks I dislike are really pointy v-necks, and the Martin modified low oval shape. They make my hand hurt.

Archived