Gibson Brands Forums

Rich? Who us?

Digger

Not a very coherent list copied but you will get the idea I guess?Median wealth per adult ($US), 2018

Australia

Switzerland

Belgium

Netherlands

France

Canada

Japan

New Zealand

United Kingdom

Singapore

Spain

Norway

Italy

Taiwan

Ireland

Austria

Korea

United States

Denmark

Israel

Finland

Greece

Sweden

Germany

Portugal

Chile

Slovakia

Czech Republic

China

Hungary

Poland

South Africa

Romania

Mexico

Colombia

Russia

Turkey

Indonesia

India

Thailand

List of countries selected by Credit Suisse. Iceland was disregarded due to data reliability issues.

Chart: ABC News Source: Credit Suisse Get the data

Weird. Then again, we probably pay much more for just about everything compared with others too...my guess is that the median wealth adult in most countries would be getting by each month but not having a lot left to spare. (But There's no way to really know)

I know we’re not wealthy!

Not poor either.

It's difficult to put into context as every country has it's own cost structures. The median house price across Australia is around $660k but obviously that doesn't tell the true story as each region is different and there are variances within each region. But that doesn't mean they are all of the same build quality though.

A couple of years ago the Government statistician here released some after-tax income data. It showed the adjusted median income was $850 per week. That's not true of everyone as you know.

When I see numbers as per the link Digger provided I take them with a very huge grain of salt. I don't think they are representative of any individual.

Can't read the link. Is this it?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-23/australia-tops-median-wealth-per-adult-list/10518082

You guys are three times as rich as us guys.

Yes that’s it and no we aren’t 3 times as rich because our cost of living is higher. Most of our worth is tied up in our property. (about $650k)

You have to be rich to afford anything over there! I had some family visiting from Austrailia recently and I couldn’t believe how much they told me beer costs. Like $40 for a 6 pack???

I think that’s more like $40 for a slab, 24 stubbies or cans. I pay about $8 for 6.

It's difficult to put into context as every country has it's own cost structures. The median house price across Australia is around $660k but obviously that doesn't tell the true story as each region is different and there are variances within each region. But that doesn't mean they are all of the same build quality though.

A couple of years ago the Government statistician here released some after-tax income data. It showed the adjusted median income was $850 per week. That's not true of everyone as you know.

When I see numbers as per the link Digger provided I take them with a very huge grain of salt. I don't think they are representative of any individual.

I agree.

Just thought it was a discussion topic. Besides it’s in the ABC so it must be right, mustn’t it?

No, regular beer about $20 for a 6 pack or $50 for a carton of 24 (less on special) in Oz - unless you are into some real posh boutique stuff or live out in the never-never.

Much of it is tax, and you get about 10c back per bottle/can if you recycle. Cartons seem to go up about $1 every year and 6 packs about 40 cents roughly. [sad]

* edit - those are in local currency, would equate to about $14.50 a 6 pack or $36 a carton in USD.

My mom visits my sister in Chicago and stays at her house once in a while, She told me my brother in law drinks 28 bottles of bear every single night from the time he gets home till he goes to bed. Otherwise, he cant sleep. He has to go through some cash even here? No wonder every time I see him, he looks like he cant keep his eyes open.

My mom visits my sister in Chicago and stays at her house once in a while, She told me my brother in law drinks 28 bottles of bear every single night from the time he gets home till he goes to bed. Otherwise, he cant sleep. He has to go through some cash even hear? No wonder every time I see him, he looks like he cant keep his eyes open.

I rarely buy packaged beer as we make Homebrew but 2 or 3 times a year I get together with an old mate and we get a couple of cartons between us. I'll be doing that this weekend and I expect I'll drink around 20 cans or equivilent 13 oz bottles over the night-afternoon-night. But it's a rarity, usually I'd have 2 or 3 drinks per night on average but mainly wine, less so beer and spirits. I'm looking forward to Friday and Saturday nights though, good fun and plenty of music and we don't get too drunk at that rate of drinking. [smile]

My mom visits my sister in Chicago and stays at her house once in a while, She told me my brother in law drinks 28 bottles of bear every single night from the time he gets home till he goes to bed. Otherwise, he cant sleep. He has to go through some cash even hear? No wonder every time I see him, he looks like he cant keep his eyes open.

If you've got the time, we've got the beer. [thumbup] [thumbup]

I rarely buy packaged beer as we make Homebrew but 2 or 3 times a year I get together with an old mate and we get a couple of cartons between us. I'll be doing that this weekend and I expect I'll drink around 20 cans or equivilent 13 oz bottles over the night-afternoon-night. But it's a rarity, usually I'd have 2 or 3 drinks per night on average but mainly wine, less so beer and spirits. I'm looking forward to Friday and Saturday nights though, good fun and plenty of music and we don't get too drunk at that rate of drinking. [smile]

I've heard of guys that drink a lot with others and really don't care, But she said he drinks the 16 oz bottles / cans, whatever they come in. 28 of those by yourself and not sharing just seems like a lot of beer per night? msp_confused.gif Suppose he's pretty used to it though.

Archived