Gibson Brands Forums

Howdy from Austin TX

MarkG454

I'm a longtime guitar enthusiast and a longtime central Texan. Six years ago, I purchased a Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty from a work colleague. He was not aware of the history of this guitar other than it was once played by the guitarist in the Austin band called KFDM (Kill F**king Depeche Mode). The headstock has obvious repair (it looks like the headstock was snapped off). I've come to this forum to get help determining the year/make/model of this guitar.

It is a joy to play although it is extremely heavy on the shoulders.

Welcome aboard from a fellow Austin area member. As far as info in your LP, you might want to contact Gibson Customer Support (http://www.gibson.com/Support/Customer-Service.aspx). I have contacted them on a couple of occasions and they were very helpful.

Edited by tx-ogre

Welcome! i used to listen to KMFDM when i was a youngster, you should show us a picture or two hehe

msp_thumbup.gif

I'm a longtime guitar enthusiast and a longtime central Texan. Six years ago, I purchased a Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty from a work colleague. He was not aware of the history of this guitar other than it was once played by the guitarist in the Austin band called KFDM (Kill F**king Depeche Mode). The headstock has obvious repair (it looks like the headstock was snapped off). I've come to this forum to get help determining the year/make/model of this guitar.

It is a joy to play although it is extremely heavy on the shoulders.