Gibson Brands Forums

New pedals

Guitar God

Scored some new pedals during the past week. Got a DigiTech DigiDelay, a DigiTech Bad Monkey, a FullTone OCD, and a Morley Mark Tremonti wah. The DigiDelay and Bad Monkey are pedals I've been wanting for a good long time, so I finally bit the bullet. One thing cool about the DigiDelay I didn't know about until recently is that it has a built in lopper function, which is cool, but I haven't messed with that feature, yet. The Bad Monkey if feel is a really good Overdrive for the money. The other is a Morley Mark Tremonti wah. Been considering one off and on for awhile. I'm really impressed with it. Has a wah boost knob and is switchless. The switchless feature is pretty cool. Built like a tank, too, and sounds great! The final pedal is a Fulltone OCD pedal. Now, I've always known the OCD pedals were great, but never really thought about getting one. Finally decided to get one. It came in the mail and as soon as it did I plugged it into my Fender Twin Reverb and WOW! That pedal through my Twin sounds incredible! It has a high and low power toggle switch, too. There is also a feature in the back where you can switch from True Bypass or Enhanced Bypass. I haven't messed with that, yet. Can't recommend the OCD enough! I recommend all 4 of these pedals.

Y4Hy4wl.jpg

Nice stuff!

I have an OCD and like it a lot.

I had a bad monkey, and sold it. I have a MXR Classic Overdrive that I love.

I like to run the two together (OCD and MXR)and really like how they sound together.

I also have a DigiDelay. I think that is a really nice digital delay unit. I used the "tape" mode mostly.

It's not on my board anymore because I got a Fender Mirror Image delay unit that I like even more.

Best delay I have found. But the DigiDelay is still my backup.

So how many DigiTech pedals do you own now? :-k

Nice stuff!

I have an OCD and like it a lot.

I had a bad monkey, and sold it. I have a MXR Classic Overdrive that I love.

I like to run the two together (OCD and MXR)and really like how they sound together.

I also have a DigiDelay. I think that is a really nice digital delay unit. I used the "tape" mode mostly.

It's not on my board anymore because I got a Fender Mirror Image delay unit that I like even more.

Best delay I have found. But the DigiDelay is still my backup.

So how many DigiTech pedals do you own now? :-k

I always knew the OCD pedals were great, just never played one before and never really considered one for whatever reason. It was actually my dad's idea to get one. He's a drummer and, no, he doesn't play guitar, but keeps up with gear and has kept up with guitar gear since I started playing at 8. He said, "You never had an OCD pedal and those are supposed to be really good." and I said, "You know? You're right.", so I got one and was very impressed when it got here. It's a different animal compared to an Ibanez Tube Screamer, BOSS Super Overdrive, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BOSS Blues Driver, DigiTech Screamin' Blues, etc. Why did you part with your Bad Monkey, out of curiosity? I like mine. The DigiDelay is a very cool pedal. It was the delay I was set on for so long and then when I discovered the Carbon Copy, I was torn between it and the DigiDelay, so I just did a random pick and picked the Carbon Copy, which I still have and is a great pedal. Picked up the DigiDelay because it was a pedal I've wanted for a long time - same with the Bad Moonkey. Plus, they've discontinued that whole line, which is a shame because I feel a lot of those pedals were really good. At the moment I have 9 - 8 singles and one processor.

I've got a DigiTech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper that I've had for well over ten years. I love it for its delay options, but never use it as a looper.

Thanks for the feedback on the Fender delay... I've been wanting to hear how it compares.

Edited by zigzag

i also have an ocd, i like it alot. it taught me something you guys probably already knew, but i didn't. certain pedals sound better with certain amps. if i am playing through a marshall, i use the ocd. if i am playing through an orange or a mesa, i use a blues driver.

however, i am about to hook up anyone who reads this post with the most important pedal secret EVER.

for some things you need a fuzz. for those times, below is the absolute finest fuzz pedal ever made, in the history of guitars:

Products846001-371x350-1357758.jpg

if you use any other fuzz, you do not have the best. especially for strat guys, there is no better fuzz out there.

I always knew the OCD pedals were great, just never played one before and never really considered one for whatever reason. It was actually my dad's idea to get one. He's a drummer and, no, he doesn't play guitar, but keeps up with gear and has kept up with guitar gear since I started playing at 8. He said, "You never had an OCD pedal and those are supposed to be really good." and I said, "You know? You're right.", so I got one and was very impressed when it got here. It's a different animal compared to an Ibanez Tube Screamer, BOSS Super Overdrive, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BOSS Blues Driver, DigiTech Screamin' Blues, etc. Why did you part with your Bad Monkey, out of curiosity? I like mine. The DigiDelay is a very cool pedal. It was the delay I was set on for so long and then when I discovered the Carbon Copy, I was torn between it and the DigiDelay, so I just did a random pick and picked the Carbon Copy, which I still have and is a great pedal. Picked up the DigiDelay because it was a pedal I've wanted for a long time - same with the Bad Moonkey. Plus, they've discontinued that whole line, which is a shame because I feel a lot of those pedals were really good. At the moment I have 9 - 8 singles and one processor.

I liked the Bad Monkey for a while, but soon found better sounding OD and distortion pedals. I just grew tired of it.

I've been using a Radial Tonebone Tube Drive pedal for about 8-9 years and I think it is the best I've tried yet.

It's the Hot British pedal; the original one, not the ones they have now. I can get any kind of OD/Dist. tone I want on that thing. [thumbup]