Gibson Brands Forums

Slash anaconda epiphone Missing items

roaddog359

I doubt a COA would have any affect on resale but...If it's his first guitar he probably won't want to ever sell it, if it's not his first he still probably won't want to sell it because of the sentiment of his dad putting the effort in.

That would be me anyway.

He's going to have a GOOD Christmas, well done, as good as the manager was you persevered to get what you paid for and got compensated some.

Have a good Christmas.

Don't forget to ask for some ear plugs, it may get LOUD!

And for amp he was wanting a Marshall code 25. When the amp was shipped to me it just seemed to tiny, so I upgraded it to the Marshall code 50. I am learning as I go, it seems tube amps are preferred but he was wanting a modeling amp. So I got that, and I hope its good enough till its time for an upgrade Gibson guitar and better amp. I am hoping what I bought was all decent stuff. I hate to waste money on junk. I hope I did not make too many mistakes along the way but I am sure I will learn more as we go. If you guys got any tips or comments or upgrades let me hear it. Thats the only way we will learn.

I have the Code 50 myself. It's great for silent practice plus it has a USB input so I can pipe songs that I'm learning thru it. I've used it at rehearsal and it's gig worthy so good choice. Tube amps are da bomb but they're a down the road thing. When he's ready he'll know. Looks like you covered all the bases. He's a lucky kid and you're a great dad -

Personal opinion here: Gibsons are great but have gotten so expensive and the quality of lower end guitars like Epiphones have gotten so good that I can't justify buying a gibby anymore. I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard and have owned many a Gibson over the years but I just bought an Epi ES-339 Pro and it's fantastic. If you're interested you can see pictures of it in my post NGD (Last Week).

If your son has any questions send him to the forum. Lots of smart and helpful people here.

Thanks everyone, that manager ROCKS! I figured after the new strings and tuning it would be out of tune anyway by christmas. So I got him a super snark tuner. A hard case, GnR guitar strap, plain black web strap, guitar stand, picks, aux cord, Slash Music book, . I changed the strings to ernie ball paradigm 10-46 gauge (hope that was a good string choice upgrade). And for amp he was wanting a Marshall code 25. When the amp was shipped to me it just seemed to tiny, so I upgraded it to the Marshall code 50. I am learning as I go, it seems tube amps are preferred but he was wanting a modeling amp. So I got that, and I hope its good enough till its time for an upgrade Gibson guitar and better amp. I am hoping what I bought was all decent stuff. I hate to waste money on junk. I hope I did not make too many mistakes along the way but I am sure I will learn more as we go. If you guys got any tips or comments or upgrades let me hear it. Thats the only way we will learn.

Your're one hell of a Pops. Your boy is going to remember this Christmas for the rest of his life. Kudos to YOU my friend! msp_thumbup.gif

Your're one hell of a Pops. Your boy is going to remember this Christmas for the rest of his life. Kudos to YOU my friend! msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks, I hope he really enjoys it and sticks with it. Probably need to get him some guitar lessons for his birthday. Hopefully he will be able to teach his old man how to play, then we can jam out together. I have always wanted to learn to play but I dont have any musical talent.

You are lucky! :) I bought Epi Anaconda Outfit on summer. Everything else was in the package except the strap. I never got the strap, but I'm happy that I got Epi Les Paul with the Slash signature. [scared]

Thats awesome! Wish I could have gotten his signed. Did the signed ones even come with straps? The unsigned did not include a strap either and I dont think one was listed as an accessory. What number was yours?

Thats awesome! Wish I could have gotten his signed. Did the signed ones even come with straps? The unsigned did not include a strap either and I dont think one was listed as an accessory. What number was yours?

I have #38.

Yes, the Premium Outfit comes with the strap. But I'd be more disappointed if the signature or COA was missing. I'm glad it was the strap, if anything...

That is so awesome! I wish I would have known sooner that he wanted a guitar. That signature would have been EPIC for Christmas. How does it play? Have you made any changes at all? Strings, tuners ect...

I haven't made any changes to this "Epi Slash Les Paul" or my "Gibson Les Paul Traditional". Even the both are Les Paul's, there are differences...

Epi Slash has weight relief. LP traditional weight a ton.

Epi Slash has much hotter Seymour Duncan pickups than Gibson '57 Classics in Traditional.

Epi Slash has "Orange Capasitors", but I don't know what they do. Maybe something to sound.

Epi Slash has "Slash neck profile", which I like better than 50's neck in Traditional.

Gibson Traditional has a Bigsby, Epi Slash don't have it.

I'm not an professional, but I like both Les Paul's. They have different sound and different feeling when you play. Epi Slash I usually play the heavy or the hard rock. And Gibson LP Traditional I play classic rock, like CCR.

Archived