Gibson Brands Forums

The preposterous Mr Threatin

jdgm

Performance art in a sense - if art reflects culture/life of the moment, fakery is IN and he's caught the zeitgeist baby!!!

But I don't think he thought like that at all.

He's executed his master plan, now what?

He doesn't know how to leverage or capitalise on the interest he's generated; he doesn't have enough music or any remotely original style and you need lots of that to get any sort of following.

I think it's very naive (also very 21st C - millenial?) but you have to have good music and a good live show backing you up or else forget it. It's a business. The net doesn't change that.

There may be no such thing as bad publicity but he won't get a booking in Europe anywhere now; and there must be at least 1000 better, REAL bands all across the USA to check out.

Though someone said it was better than Nickelback! [laugh]

There may be no such thing as bad publicity but he won't get a booking in Europe anywhere now; and there must be at least 1000 better, REAL bands all across the USA to check out.

...I'm not so sure - I reckon if he got on and booked a tour of Europe right now many people would check it out even if just for fun! [biggrin]

Did you see the gigs Anvil got in the years after the movie! [scared]

these days it ain't all about quality, that's barely even recognised - kids may well prefer to get a selfie with Jered than see those 1000 better bands...just how it goes in 2018.

...I'm not so sure - I reckon if he got on and booked a tour of Europe right now many people would check it out even if just for fun! [biggrin]

Did you see the gigs Anvil got in the years after the movie! [scared]

these days it ain't all about quality, that's barely even recognised - kids may well prefer to get a selfie with Jered than see those 1000 better bands...just how it goes in 2018.

Yes you are spot on right in your 2nd para but if that happens he's something different isn't he? He's an internet star not a rock star. And so for how long? Quality? Compared to Jared, even Justin Bieber (who got there via the internet) oozes quality.

I think perhaps this guy will have a career as a minor radio/internet personality or rock critic eventually...I don't think that enough people would come out to see him, though I am familiar with the Anvil story (the 1st 20 minutes of that video I really thought it was another Spinal Tap).

No - you cannot be a rock music star without successful music which is made successful by a following.

Archived