Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of my guitars and gear... Curious to know what you think

Bluesoull

Nice! I love looking at gear pics.

That is an awesome Gibson Junior. I don't yet own a guitar with P90s, and I'm getting really tempted since MF dropped the price of the singlecuts.

And I'm glad to see someone else out there with a Cort. A Cort Earth70 was the first guitar I ever owned, and I've spent more money on that stupid thing upgrading it and repairing a nasty crack in it than it originally cost. But I still love how it sounds, and is still one of my favorite guitars.

Also, my stepbrother is looking at new amps and one of the ones hes considering is the Marshall MG100HDFX (the head version, not the combo model you have). How do you like the amp? Does it mix well with effects pedals?

Nice guitars... I like that epi custom, and that junior looks amazing...

Did you know it's the first time I've seen actual pictures of one of those samick/greg bennet guitars? One of the stores here distributes them and I have played a couple of them there, but had never "met" an owner outside my country hehehe...

Nice! I love looking at gear pics.

That is an awesome Gibson Junior. I don't yet own a guitar with P90s' date=' and I'm getting really tempted since MF dropped the price of the singlecuts.

And I'm glad to see someone else out there with a Cort. A Cort Earth70 was the first guitar I ever owned, and I've spent more money on that stupid thing upgrading it and repairing a nasty crack in it than it originally cost. But I still love how it sounds, and is still one of my favorite guitars.

Also, my stepbrother is looking at new amps and one of the ones hes considering is the Marshall MG100HDFX (the head version, not the combo model you have). How do you like the amp? Does it mix well with effects pedals?

[/quote']

Thanks! :-D If you listen to our songs on our website, you can hear the Gibson on almost every song that has electrics in it. It's just awesome...Of age? Yes, but Awesome?? YES!! It just completely rocks my socks man. And, yes, the Cort is also just great. I don't think Cort is getting the recognition it really deserves. Again, if you listen to the songs on our website, you can hear the Cort on there.

I didn't use my own Marshall on most of the recordings, but I did on 'Pass me by' and 'Gone today'. Pretty good sound. I used to use a Digitech multi effect pedal along with the effects on my Marshall, using the footswitch. I really liked it. But the Vox pedal allows fast switching between the footswitches, and I put a little reverb on my Marshall to make the switching sound a little smoother, and I just don't need the footswitch anymore. I also have the equaliser on the amp all on half, so I can mix everything out on the pedal itself. If I ever play through other amps, I don't have to mix that much on it, so that's good! :-D

Very nice. =P~ Looks like you've got all your bases covered' date=' Bluesoul. Which effects in the Tonelab do you primarily use? I assume that Blues is your specialty from your username. Who were your first Blues influences?[/quote']

Never assume man,... for the reasons that are... in the word... lol.

Well I listen to blues, and no, I didn't draw my username from there to be honest. I like Hendrix, Joplin, a lot of the 60's stuff. I also like rock and pop, I even listen to ABBA a lot.

I use clean, but also distorted, gain on the clean channels to give it a little more spice. If you look at the pedal, it has endless possibilities. I've only just begun to got to know it, because I havn't had it for too long, but I'm SO SO SO happy with it. I've always wanted a Vox amp, and who knows I might get one in the future, but they don't look that durable to me. On the other hand, having a Marshall is sort of embraching the cliché don't you think? There goes that idea...I dunno...

Oh, I'm also trying out the wah wah pedal function, but I have to admit: I don't have much experience with it, so I really need to practise that more and see if I can use it for certain songs.

Nice guitars... I like that epi custom' date=' and that junior looks amazing...

Did you know it's the first time I've seen actual pictures of one of those samick/greg bennet guitars? One of the stores here distributes them and I have played a couple of them there, but had never "met" an owner outside my country hehehe...[/quote']

It was my first guitar...I love it... But I never play it anymore, because I'm so into Gibson... lol. Is that the musical form of treason???

I bought a Vox TL LE after forced retirement from live gigging and love it. If you take the time it's pretty impressive. But no idea how it sounds live threw a PA.

Not as pretty as it sounds through a regular, proper amp... I actually tried it. It's not bad, because it has the tube pre-amp and all, and you can add as much reverb 'flavour' as you want, but the PA just can't beat the sound of a proper amp. But if you had to, you could. But I would take some time to really mix it really well before just plugging it into the PA.

Archived