Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NHTom

2015 classic questions

I've got my eye on a 2015 LP Classic in Ebony.

It's got me a little confused.......

Maybe some of you know more about it.

While it is a 2015 serial number, it does not have the "Les Paul 100" logo(thankfully). No hologram.

It has all 4 knobs instead of the 3 knobs/1 switch.

Locking Grovers

Zebra 57's

Here's where I'm confused........I though all the 2015 LP's had the "100" logo on the headstock, The 2015 classic I've found has the 3knob/one switch setup, they had klusons, and were not offered in ebony.

I'm wondering if it's some sort of limited/special release, maybe spec's for a specific store, etc.

The shop that has it is very reputable, and often buys out "weird" left over stuff from gibson and fender.

Any thoughts?

NHTom

I just looked at pics of a bunch and they all had the 3 knobs and the switch. Could have been moded. If in doubt call Gibson an run the serial number.

I should have mentioned that it is new.

I will try to get gibson to run the serial...only issue is that when ever I've done that, it's very basic info......but worth a try.

Almost makes me think it's 2016 specs, but those had covered pickups........strange.

It's at my local shop. I've played it at length and love it....all over but the paying at this point, just thinking it's odd that it doesn't match anything I've found listed.

They always buy up "leftovers" "Odd releases", etc that gibson has to offer, so I'm going to assume it was some sort of spec'd model for a big box store or something.

NHTom

It's at my local shop. I've played it at length and love it....all over but the paying at this point, just thinking it's odd that it doesn't match anything I've found listed.

They always buy up "leftovers" "Odd releases", etc that gibson has to offer, so I'm going to assume it was some sort of spec'd model for a big box store or something.

NHTom

Think these were for the Japanese market, seem to recall L&M (Canadian chain) having a few, pretty sure there was a V too.

That Classic looks very uh Classic LOL

Johnny

Maybe it's a 2015 made to 2016 spec, don't forget they start releasing the next years models around September/October time.

Ian

Think these were for the Japanese market, seem to recall L&M (Canadian chain) having a few, pretty sure there was a V too.

That Classic looks very uh Classic LOL

Johnny

That would actually make sense.......they had a bunch of non-reverse firebirds that they said were for the japanese market.....

That would actually make sense.......they had a bunch of non-reverse firebirds that they said were for the japanese market.....

That's it then.

L&M still have a V, looks like all the LPs are gone.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/63964/Guitars/Electric_Guitars/Gibson/2015_Ltd_Edition_Japan_Flying_V_-_Ebony.htm

Johnny

Is in on Reverb or The Bay Or CL and will you be test driving it? Looks good. I had a Classic when they had the green inlays. I'm trading my '14 LP Trad Pro II next week for a Guild Acoustic. I've modded the LP cause I hate coil splitting and the boost circuit that came with it. Its got Lindy Fralin Pure PAFs in it. I usually rip out stock pups.

miss so much the green inlays *sigh*

and since I can never leave well enough alone......got my Creamtone order in and "made it mine"...…..

Got rid of the "classic" trc, and swapped the tuner buttons to vintage style while keeping the locking grovers.

plOW1rP.jpg

Also added a switch chip, amber toggle, vintage style knobs and pointers, pickguard, and pickup covers.....

mtFr3ga.jpg

As soon as we see the sun around here, I will get some better daylight pictures.

NHTom