Gibson Brands Forums

Purchase of Gibson J-100

buddyw

what do you mean by shroud?

The shroud referred to above is a thin fabric cover inside the case (that lays loosely on top of the guitar).

I had the exact same case, with no shroud. If it originally came with one, it was removed.

...I have been trying to post two photographs for over a half hour, I have resized them down three times the are now down to 400 + or - KB. So I will have to go to url links.

Down sizing hurts the guitar photograph

imgur.com is fairly intuitive to use- just keep one of the dimensions (once uploaded to imgur, select/highlight the pic in "images", click the pencil button to edit, find the edit button middle/right above your images gallery, make sure to keep one of the dimensions in the 600's range, hit the copy button in BBCode, and you'll be able to imbed several photos into your post (thx, BucMcM).

That's a beautiful case... most I know that have them feel silly fussing with the shroud, but I suppose they serve some purpose (besides not allowing you to have a cool imprint in the top of your case)

(I guess rotating the image doesn't help proportions, either):

Tqfq1bs.jpg?1

It looks in good shape to me. It's a 25yr old guitar (I wasn't previously aware of the age) so will have some belly to the top. The saddle isn't tall, but is still taller than some '70s Gibsons shipped with when new! There is a good chance that it will be nicely settled at the age it is now. I have a 1990 Hummingbird which is solid as a rock and seems impervious to humidity changes. These early Bozeman guitars are superb in general.

I would buy it and enjoy it. If you have to put some coin into a neck reset at some point, so be it. It's all part of regular maintenance. It doesn't appear to need one at present though. Don't overthink it too much...you're getting a great guitar.

Thank you for your comment I will take it as it is, but still see about getting it checked over I think the strings could be a little lower to make playing easier.

I had the chance to be in the UK in 2012 I had a great time with my wife father in law and two sons, we were in Oxford and went to London then to Scotland stayed on a street that when we ate breakfast we could look up at the castle.

Would like to go back some days to wonder a little more and mind our heads going it to the pubs.

Archived