Gibson Brands Forums

Problems with tuning stability on Gibson Les Paul Standard Hp 2018

Leo Ghigiarelli

To have tuning stability you should make everything possible on the headstock tighten fairly snug. And I mean the screw that aligns the tuner and the nut that secures the tuner down on the face of the headstock. With these awesome tuners you have to secure these for the tuner to be firmly able to handle the string tension and not slip or jostle around. Of course make sure the string is securely locked in and not slipping out of the eyelet in the tuner.

You mentioned the screws in the back were “false”... get a toothpick, glue it in the screw hole and cut it flush with the headstock once dried. You need this to hold your tuner snug in one position or your tuner is weak so to speak at this point. Locking tuners are the best thing to come around since sliced bread and if you properly install them they will treat you well. Good luck.

1. The 2018 LP Standard HP comes with Gforce tuners, stock.

2. If it came with Grovers and you bought it new, I would ask the seller why.

3. It makes no difference whatsoever which hole ANY 3 per side tuners go into.

I agree. These Grover's are not staggers like on Fender tuners

Actually this is a Standard HP II, so it comes stock with grovers, but anyway, I followed BigTim's advice from going from the lightes to heaviest tuners and got it right, not it's all set and barely goes out of tune again.

I appreciate all the help i've gotten here, thank you soo much !

Happy new year everyone, cheers ! \:D/

I know they do not seem like it would matter but I have noticed that some tuners are stiffer and some not so stiff. So I always put the less stiff tuners on the higher treble strings if I had to change them out before.

I agree. These Grover's are not staggers like on Fender tuners

Archived