Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird... Picky about the guard

Holiday Hoser

Personally, my favorite is a plain tortoise pickguard in a reddish-brown hue.

To my eyes, the fancied-up pickguards have always looked like lowball bling - compared to the visual joy of beautiful wood & well chosen inlay work.

Of course that's why they make so many guitars - in order to push our various buttons!

I don't know .. to me its a lot bigger differene than just a few flowers, make up your own mind. Here is the before and after for my J-150.

IMG_0432_zpsopg34ylh.jpg

IMG_0444_zpscjujmcpk.jpg

By the way your guitar looks real nice. My wallet dictates most of my buying decisions these days. None the less, that guitar turned out real nice. Congrats!

I don't know .. to me its a lot bigger differene than just a few flowers, make up your own mind. Here is the before and after for my J-150.

Looks good - lifted the jumbo a good deal.

A Q from here is bound to sound : Are Mister V. Manolis' guards pixelated ?

Assume you realize these are different themes.

The pixelation in Q concerns the nature of the basic tortoise guard : Organic or, , , , pixelated.

A topic of general interest here.

Not sure i understand the question then, can you please expand ?

EA- the pixelated guards have their tortoise pattern printed in to them, like this J-45. . .

iHnmtFa.png

. . . and this Martin D-41:

025xykJ.png?1

The Greek shop you got the pickguard for your '150 from most likely did not have the sort of restrictions in obtaining the material to make a 'guard with the pattern already in it, but a good thing to confirm, just the same.

EA- the pixelated guards have their tortoise pattern printed in to them, , ,

The Greek shop you got the pickguard for your '150 from most likely did not have the sort of restrictions in obtaining the material to make a 'guard with the pattern already in it, but a good thing to confirm, just the same.

'Xactly - thx. Burst - EA, , , your good Bird fx won't have it. Flora/fauna garden is all organic there.

Regarding bbg's new guard, I'd too would like a picture. Ehhhh, , , and is this batwing pixelated cool.gif

'Xactly - thx. Burst - EA, , , your good Bird fx won't have it. Flora/fauna garden is all organic there.

Regarding bbg's new guard, I'd too would like a picture. Ehhhh, , , and is this batwing pixelated cool.gif

I’ve a couple of problems with that Em

Firstly I can’t show photos as I don’t use a pc for the forum. Just my phone.

And second , until I read this thread I had no idea about stuff being pixelated! And I was happy enough. Now what happens if I look and my pickguards pixelated?

But I’ll go look and let you know

Archived