Gibson Brands Forums

It’s New Years Eve here!

Digger

Being as old as dust we will probably retire before the fireworks start but hopefully many of you have plans that will bring you some fun and good company.

What have you planned?

While on the subject of a new year may I take the opportunity to wish you much good health and happiness for 2019

Many thanks to admin & moderators here for all their work in 2018...it’s a good place to be because of your efforts.

Best wishes for 2019 Dig, may you (and all of us) keep on keeping on.

I have a gig at a club in Totton (suburb of Southampton where you landed in the summer)....don't usually do NY eve these days but the club has been very good to us this year.

Due to start in 22 hours....

[thumbup]

Best wishes for 2019 Dig, may you (and all of us) keep on keeping on.

I have a gig at a club in Totton (suburb of Southampton where you landed in the summer)....don't usually do NY eve these days but the club has been very good to us this year.

Due to start in 22 hours....

[thumbup]

Hope it’s a good gig for you John with many more to follow.

Maybe we can get back again though it’s unlikely it will be 2019. Love England!

Refrigerator full of food. A bottle of Widow for Mrs, ordinary Moet for me. Some fireworks at midnight.

I can't imagine going to bed at 9pm on any night, much less the night that leaves behind the old and ushers in the new, no matter how corny that might be. Weird.

rct

I can't imagine going to bed at 9pm on any night, much less the night that leaves behind the old and ushers in the new, no matter how corny that might be. Weird.

I am very weird, rct.

I go to bed at nine pm each night, every night.

(Unless we have a gig. Then I soldier on, and play the gig, even if it means getting back to the hotel at two am. I can always adjust, if need be.)

But in general, I'm in bed by nine pm each night, and I'm up no later than four am, each morning.

Seven days a week.

Saturday mornings, Sunday mornings.

Four am is pretty much sleeping in for me, most days.

Some times I'm up at 3:30.

Weirder yet;

I don't watch television.

Ever.

One has to wonder what I do between four am and five-thirty am, when I drive off to work.

It's simple.

I play guitar.

:unsure:

205308.jpg

As I've done every year except one (when an agent screwed up) I'll be gigging, and playing "Auld Lang Syne" in the key of F (which is G on the tenor sax) at the stroke of midnight.

The gig is about an hour from home, and I have a 1PM gig on New Year's Day.

I'll be tired, but it will be a very good kind of tired.

Notes

PS I even got out of marching in the Orange Bowl parade my last two years in school. I told the band director I had an offer for a gig and asked what he thought about it. He told me the parade wouldn't miss one sax player and that I should take the gig.

we're meeting another couple for beer & burritos around 5. then we like to try and make it through all 3 of the Dark Knight / Batman movies before we nod off. a local club had asked if we could play tonight but fortunately our bassist is out of town. dodged that bullet ...

I am very weird, rct.

I go to bed at nine pm each night, every night.

(Unless we have a gig. Then I soldier on, and play the gig, even if it means getting back to the hotel at two am. I can always adjust, if need be.)

But in general, I'm in bed by nine pm each night, and I'm up no later than four am, each morning.

Seven days a week.

Saturday mornings, Sunday mornings.

Four am is pretty much sleeping in for me, most days.

Some times I'm up at 3:30.

Weirder yet;

I don't watch television.

Ever.

One has to wonder what I do between four am and five-thirty am, when I drive off to work.

It's simple.

I play guitar.

:unsure:

205308.jpg

sparquelito whats happened to your head? [rolleyes]

Don't know about his head but why are you drinking beer for breakfast at 4 AM? No wonder you conk out by 9.

This is a good site, the only guitar one I visit on a regular basis.

Here's wishing everyone a great 2019, both forum members, admins and the new brass at Gibson.

As long as you kept the little head all is good. That's the one that does the thinking, anyway.

Nertz to 2018, it pretty much sucked bigly.

2019 will start off difficult for me (surgery) but then things will improve.

The toy chest is pretty much stocked for retirement, I just need to replace the headphone set up I had and maybe a 2006 Firebird VII before all is said and done.

It's a very happy new year here in northern Alabama.

I got up at 3:30 am to drain the black eyed peas I had soaking overnight, and so I may as well stay up.

I added broth to the black eyed peas there in the large crock pot, along with a big, meaty ham bone, diced Vidalia onion, some oregano, black pepper, garlic, and diced tomatoes.

Put the lid on it, set the rig to 'Low', and now it's time to allow ten hours of slow cooking to do its magic.

The house is going to smell so good today!

Does anybody else enjoy black eyed peas for new years good luck?

Or is that just a southern tradition?

:)

Crockpot-Black-Eyed-Peas-1-2-320x321.jpg

Archived