Gibson Brands Forums

Read at your own risk

djroge1

I'll make my position clear so you don't have to guess based on a preconceived notion of what a liberal is. Yes I am a liberal in that I believe in the Constitution and yes that includes the 2nd amendment (gun ownership one). I believe in government involvement in life only in so much that is necessary to facilitate a safe work environment, safe country, insure the law of the land, and in general to protect all Americans. That's the nut shell version.

I don't hug trees and I don't give a damn about saving arctic wasteland for caribou.

I am not a fan of politicians. This list is long, but it includes Pelosi and Reed.

There are a few politicians I do like and that is a very short list. Here it is. I like Reagan and Obama. Hmm, that's about it. I'm sure from time to time I will like any given politician on a specific issue. There were times for example I liked McCaine.

All that said. If your going to make a presumption about my beliefs. How about just asking. I (like many of you) will tell you the truth. That is unless I am making a humorous, sarcastic, ironic, or insulting point.

Hmmmm....

We may actually get along like family.

:-)

You know, agree on many things then reserve a few for divergent core beliefs and let it be.

I'll be the FIRST to tell you the Republican party is a hollow shell of what it should be.

McCain is an idiot - and I live in Arizona so I know what I'm talking about.

After nearly 30 years of being politically active for Conservative causes I finally just joined the GOP/RNC.

Change NEEDS to happen there, and with Michael Steele at the helm now it's possible.

As far as a presumption about beliefs, I agree wholeheartedly.

How about just asking? Indeed!

I (unlike many of you) will tell you the truth.

I am usually making some sort of humorous, sarcastic, ironic, or insulting point myself.

I have malice or hate toward no one, but I'll never give a sh!t-head a pass.

I don't choose my oppositition - regardless of race, sex, religion or political affiliation - they seem to choose me.

So be it.

:-)

They all preach change nowadays... but that's just talk (and bullsh-t talk)' date=' not many people cares anymore, they will vote for whoever the mags, talk shows, and media in general tell them to (they made obamma a celebrity didnt they?); now a politician's priority is to be at least as famous as the jonas brothers before even thinking about running for anything. It's happening all around the world, happened down here, then it happened over there... if Terminator 3 had been at least acceptable Arnold would have been president... but at least you would be getting f-cked by an unstoppable cyborg from the future (not much you could do about it anyway:-" ) and not by a pseudo commie a-hole that only wants to get reach fast at the nation's expense.[/quote']

Well said, Thundergod! As usual, you were right in so many ways.

So, here is why the country, and the world, is on the brink of economic collapse:

The bleeding heart libs said: "Let everyone who wants a mansion have one!"

Conservatives said: "But what if they can't afford the mansions?"

Libs: "It does not matter! We want votes, um sh#t! I mean. we want FAIRNESS!"

Cons: "But how will this work?"

Libs: "We will make the bad loans, sell them to Fannie and Freddie, who will repackage said loans and sell them to banks across the world! It will be a glorious meltdown that we can spin and make it Bush's fault! The media is behind us, and the people are basically lazy sheep, we can get away with it!"

Cons: "Um, okay. That sounds good to us. We really don't want to fight you about it. Do whatever you want."

A few years later, CHAOS!!!!!! Everyone of us hardworking folks who put money in the stock market is nearly broke because of the Libs grabbing votes from the poor who are just now getting evicted from thier mansions, and the fact that the Cons were to emasculated to stand up and fight for us.

Libs: "It's the Cons fault the world is going to HEll. But Obama, the messiah of the left, is going to take more money away from us and spend more and call it Change."

Cons: "My *** hurts! Where's the pickle?"

Sounds like we need a revolution at the ballot box, people. Let's vote out these incompetent folks and put Thundergod and Axe in charge! Who's with me?

Maybe Axe and Tgod will see fit to put me, Diroge, KSG and some others in thier administration.

Long live the new republic!

So' date=' here is why the country, and the world, is on the brink of economic collapse:

The bleeding heart libs said: "Let everyone who wants a mansion have one!"

Conservatives said: "But what if they can't afford the mansions?"

Libs: "It does not matter! We want votes, um sh#t! I mean. we want FAIRNESS!"

Cons: "But how will this work?"

Libs: "We will make the bad loans, sell them to Fannie and Freddie, who will repackage said loans and sell them to banks across the world! It will be a glorious meltdown that we can spin and make it Bush's fault! The media is behind us, and the people are basically lazy sheep, we can get away with it!"

Cons: "Um, okay. That sounds good to us. We really don't want to fight you about it. Do whatever you want."

A few years later, CHAOS!!!!!! Everyone of us hardworking folks who put money in the stock market is nearly broke because of the Libs grabbing votes from the poor who are just now getting evicted from thier mansions, and the fact that the Cons were to emasculated to stand up and fight for us.

Libs: "It's the Cons fault the world is going to HEll. But Obama, the messiah of the left, is going to take more money away from us and spend more and call it Change."

Cons: "My *** hurts! Where's the pickle?"

Sounds like we need a revolution at the ballot box, people. Let's vote out these incompetent folks and put Thundergod and Axe in charge! Who's with me?

Maybe Axe and Tgod will see fit to put me, Diroge, KSG and some others in thier administration.

Long live the new republic![/quote']

Let the Revolution begin!

Okay! So far it's me and Diroge against the world! That's a start, but I think we're outnumbered! Anyone else?

Oh well. I do strongly feel that one man, and in this case, two men, can change the world! We will work on our message and post it so that all the libs can hate us for it!

Oh, yeah, I gotta keep this music and guitar related. Ahem, I hereby decree that the new conservative movement founded by James Allen and Diroje will ensure that Gibson Les Pauls will be the New Republic's mascot.

We just need to decide, will it be an R8 or an R9? Or a Custom?

How's that for a start?

I'll be the Homeland Security Chief.

Janet Napolitano was the AZ Gov before she ran off and joined the circus, so I have a good role model.

Do the opposite of EVERYTHING she did in office.

Music programs in every school, Gibson has a line to suit most any need or desire.

reading this thread illustrates clearly to me why this country is so ****ed up. a house divided cannot stand. the disdain we have have for one another's political positions precludes us from acting for the common good. there is no intelligent discourse on the problems we all face as AMERICANS. **** the left and **** the right. this constant gnashing of teeth, rending of garments and hurling of sh*t at one another will only lead to darkness. and anyone who would wish failure on a new president with 36 days in office is part of the problem. all you worshippers of grover norquist who think government should be made small enough to drown in bathtub, stay off the highways, build your own godd*amn bridges and when you and yours are old and feeble, relinquish your rights to medicare or any gov't programs that would help you when your sick and dying. we're either all in this together or we've got **** all.

signed- sick of the stupid, shortsighted bullsh*t

government should be made small enough to drown in bathtub' date=' stay off the highways, build your own godd*amn bridges and when you and yours are old and feeble, relinquish your rights to medicare or any gov't programs that would help you when your sick and dying. we're either all in this together or we've got **** all.

signed- sick of the stupid, shortsighted bullsh*t[/quote']

I'm PAYING $50,000 a YEAR in taxes for the very same sh!t you mention and I'm SICK OF IT!!!

My personal stake in this "bailout" boolsh!t is in the area of $175,000 and what am I getting for my money?

Unlike many of the doodle heads barking out political baloney and voting for the New Messiah, I've been active in politics for 30 years. I'm FAR from short-sighted.

I know a thing or two, seen a thing or two, and this is beyond my worst nightmare in one month.

Good thing there are only 47 months left in his term....

Government provides for national defense (cuz nothing else matters if we can't control our own destiny) and for national infrastructure greater than the states can provide among themselves.

General oversight of the states was the limit of their intended role as a Federal government.

Tell me where Left/Right, Conservative/Liberal, fxck you/fxck you too fits in with THAT....

FAMILIES are the designated caretakers of the old and feeble.

Since when is the gov't supposed to do that?

Charity is the ONE place a gov't has no business.

Go to church if you need charity.

Let the Liberals put THEIR money to work in private foundations to care for the deadbeats, welfare moms and criminals.

I'm PAYING $50' date='000 a YEAR in taxes for the very same sh!t you mention and I'm SICK OF IT!!![/b']

My personal stake in this "bailout" boolsh!t is in the area of $175,000 and what am I getting for my money?

Unlike many of the doodle heads barking out political baloney and voting for the New Messiah, I've been active in politics for 30 years. I know a thing or two, seen a thing or two, and this is beyond my worst nightmare in one month.

Government provides for national defense (cuz nothing else matters if we can't control our own destiny) and for national infrastructure greater than the states can provide among themselves.

General oversight of the states was the limit of their intended role as a Federal government.

Tell me where Left/Right, Conservative/Liberal, fxck you/fxck you too fits in with THAT....

i think i just had a libertarian orgasm. =D> =D> =D>

reading this thread illustrates clearly to me why this country is so ****ed up. a house divided cannot stand. the disdain we have have for one another's political positions precludes us from acting for the common good. there is no intelligent discourse on the problems we all face as AMERICANS. **** the left and **** the right. this constant gnashing of teeth' date=' rending of garments and hurling of sh*t at one another will only lead to darkness. and anyone who would wish failure on a new president with 36 days in office is part of the problem. all you worshippers of grover norquist who think government should be made small enough to drown in bathtub, stay off the highways, build your own godd*amn bridges and when you and yours are old and feeble, relinquish your rights to medicare or any gov't programs that would help you when your sick and dying. we're either all in this together or we've got **** all.

signed- sick of the stupid, shortsighted bullsh*t[/quote']

Wow! And I was going to suggest that every home should have a Gibson guitar and amp. But I'm thinking you should get a Fender. However seeing that I try to extend grace to people, we may consider an Epiphone for you but you only get a solid state amp - No Tubes for you!

I'm PAYING $50' date='000 a YEAR in taxes for the very same sh!t you mention and I'm SICK OF IT!!![/b']

Unlike many of the doodle heads barking out political baloney and voting for the New Messiah, I've been active in politics for 30 years. I'm FAR from short-sighted.

I know a thing or two, seen a thing or two, and this is beyond my worst nightmare in one month.

Let the Liberals put THEIR money to work in private foundations to care for the deadbeats, welfare moms and criminals.

spoken like a true conservative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxBl9BXLom4

Wow! And I was going to suggest that every home should have a Gibson guitar and amp. But I'm thinking you should get a Fender. However seeing that I try to extend grace to people' date=' we may consider an Epiphone for you but you only get a solid state amp - No Tubes for you![/quote']

got plenty of gibsons, thanks! about to acquire another today! with no gov't bail out money either. we independents aren't all bad.

So let it be known that you are Homeland Security Chief!

Now we need someone to be Treasury Secretary. We have to abolish the current tax system for one that is fairer and promotes growth and industry. One we abolish taxes, and put in a fair tax system, we'll all have more money to buy guitars!

Who wants to be Treasury Secretary?

I, personally, will hunt and buy the best 59 out there.

reading this thread illustrates clearly to me why this country is so ****ed up. a house divided cannot stand. the disdain we have have for one another's political positions precludes us from acting for the common good. there is no intelligent discourse on the problems we all face as AMERICANS. **** the left and **** the right. this constant gnashing of teeth' date=' rending of garments and hurling of sh*t at one another will only lead to darkness. and anyone who would wish failure on a new president with 36 days in office is part of the problem. all you worshippers of grover norquist who think government should be made small enough to drown in bathtub, [b']stay off the highways, build your own godd*amn bridges and when you and yours are old and feeble, relinquish your rights to medicare or any gov't programs that would help you when your sick and dying. [/b]we're either all in this together or we've got **** all.

signed- sick of the stupid, shortsighted bullsh*t

We are all safer when we have divided government, divided government makes it harder for any of the knucklehead politicians to screw things up any more. There was a reason that the founding fathers set up a bicameral congress, the Senate was designed to slow legislation down so that much of it would die on the vine. Ever heard the Senate called "the cooling saucer"? We are living with the screwed up laws that our politicians have written and our presidents have signed, we don't need any newer, screwier laws to help us out any more. Stop the madness!

I paid enough in taxes during the past 10 years that I have bought and paid for my right to comlain as loud as I want to. The top earners in the US, pay a huge MAJORITY of the taxes and they use a MINORITY of the services that they pay for. I don't want you or any of my other neighbors to be forced to take care of me when I'm old and feeble, I want to be free to take care of myself. I don't want to live in a nanny state! I want freedom. Take a look at Obama's proposed budget and you'll see that the top income tax rate is going to go up to 39.6% and the deductions will be reduced for this top rate as well. That means that when you include SS tax, Unemployment tax and Medicade tax, I will be giving the federal government about 50% of my income. That's bullsh!t! Why am I having to pay so much for so little? I don't mind helping to take care of the weak and sick, but I have a real problem taking care of the lazy and stupid.

One of these times you and your liberal/progressive heroes are going to reach into my wallet and pull back a bloody stump.

Well...........here goes. No one will like this I bet. I am registered as a dem so I can vote in local bus such as sheriff. I do not and never will vote party. I believe United we stand, divided we fall and dems fighting with repubs, or vice versa, divides. I would like a guy who had the stuff in his sack to be neither, yet still have a sensible chance to win. I believe dems tax you to death and used to help working class people, I believe repubs used to make the ceo's rich at the expense of the workers. Both did this for self-serving b.s. reasons and contributions. I would like to see one who spoke like John Wayne and spit in the face of both parties, then backed up what he said and didn't care who liked it. That being said, the 2 party system would probably have him assassinated.

Just for the record, last election we had a choice between a war-vet, and an individual with a racist preacher and Muslim heritage to choose from. Voting for the Muslim makes as much sense to me as voting for a Jap right after Pearl Harbor would have. But back in those days the Jap would have had no chance at all, even if he was a smooth talker. I predict our current pres to break the country and not help the economy as I think it will come back on it's on.

I agree about John Wayne. I once saw a copy of a letter he sent Richard Nixon when he was president. He pretty much told Nixon to get his act together or else. It was a very direct letter but respectful. You don't see celebrities being respectful to anyone lately.

Anyway, the point was that Wayne had voted for Nixon and just wanted to let him know that if he wanted any future votes to get his act in line.

I found it interesting.

I also agree with you concerning the two party system. There is too much power shared between the two. All they do is bounce it back and forth. We need another party that REALLY stands up for the people.

One that uses logic and reason to make decisions, not ideology.

Archived