Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to figure out year of this Gibson acoustic

Btown99

Looks like a sweet little 50's era LG1 or LG2. If there is a straight across piece of bracing just inside below the sound hole it's the former. If it's a V-shaped brace it's the latter and considerably more valued and valuable.

...or an LG1, if the brace just inside and below the sound hole is straight across instead of V shape. Either way, a badasss gift. V shape equals more better.

At least I ain't crazy. Thought I already replied, but it's a double post mofo.

Yikes! That would be a possible asking price for a same year LG2. If you use market watch to assess the value of a guitar, sold stats rather than asking price is the best indicator. This ops nice looking LG1 is a thousand dollar guitar for ladder brace fans, if it doesn't need a neck reset. It was a gift so it's all good.

Did he just walk up to you cold and give it to you? What's the back story? Do you play at all?

That weathered look is classic. Nothing prettier.

Pretty much. It's kind of a long story. Definitely too long to type right now. Tomorrow I will type it up.Yea I play. Been playing off and on for a about 25 years.

Pretty much. It's kind of a long story. Definitely too long to type right now. Tomorrow I will type it up.Yea I play. Been playing off and on for a about 25 years.

Looking forward to hearing that long story. Sorry cant make a guess on year, as most know its risky to click on links that have an unfamiliar url. Usually can click on the post's reply button to get a better look, but especially not clicking when put up by a person who just joined forum yesterday. Apologies

Archived