Gibson Brands Forums

NGD J45TV

scottnfld

That's the way to do it!

I have a 45tv 2011, all my other high end guitars just set in there cases. So I sold them

I believe Gibson was using Madagascar rose wood for the bridge and fret board at this time

Your bridge looks like mine, what ever they are they are good looking pieces of rose wood

Thanks for all the comments fellas! Had to sell another to acquire the 45 but this one is definitely a keeper!

I have a 2007 and I immediately got a new case. That brown over pink case in itself is worth a lot. You can't buy them. You can find black Gibson cases all day long but Gibson doesn't offer the brown one for sale. Just an FYI comment. You are really going to grow to love that guitar!

OP - very nice guitar - congratulations! [thumbup]

That brown over pink case in itself is worth a lot. You can't buy them. You can find black Gibson cases all day long but Gibson doesn't offer the brown one for sale.

Aside from the ugly pink liner ;) , how does this case differ from the brown Gibson case available from Sweetwater?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/C192GZ--gibson-acoustic-c-192gz-case-for-j-45-acoustic-guitars

OP - very nice guitar - congratulations! [thumbup]

Aside from the ugly pink liner ;) , how does this case differ from the brown Gibson case available from Sweetwater?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/C192GZ--gibson-acoustic-c-192gz-case-for-j-45-acoustic-guitars

For one thing they are not the same color. The brown case that comes with the J-45TV is an exact replica of the case that came with the guitar back in the 1940s. The Sweetwater case is a dark brown. Nice case but not the vintage looking one.

Archived