Gibson Brands Forums

General Question

harmonicchaos

I just wanted to know if anyone would ever be interested in paying for a refinish or some other form of refurbishing/customization (as long as the results were good of course). I'm still going to refinish my guitar plus a few other customizations. If that turns out well, then I'm thinking about starting a little business customizing, refinishing, and installing certain after-market parts on guitars, basses and the like.

So, if the results were top-quality and reasonably priced, would anyone ever be interested? Just thought I'd shoot the question out there to see if it'd be something that musicians would be interested in.

You are a talented artist, I've heard. I would think there would be a market for your skills.

As for me, I would never have use for your work but don't even consider that. I play bars in a 200 mile circle and wear guitars out to the point of replacing them. I could care less what they look like.

But, there are collectors who would be very interested, I'm sure.

I think, with your obvious skills, I would tiptoe in. Maybe buy a faded Les Paul, used. Strip it down, do your artistic deed, maybe put in a few '57 Classics and slap it up here for sale. You might be surprised to find Axe, Thunder, California, KSG, Homz, Tim, myself, and others bidding that puppy up to a nice profit.

Best of luck to you.

Murph.

You are a talented artist' date=' I've heard. I would think there would be a market for your skills.

As for me, I would never have use for your work but don't even consider that. I play bars in a 200 mile circle and wear guitars out to the point of replacing them. I could care less what they look like.

But, there are collectors who would be very interested, I'm sure.

I think, with your obvious skills, I would tiptoe in. Maybe buy a faded Les Paul, used. Strip it down, do your artistic deed, maybe put in a few '57 Classics and slap it up here for sale. You might be surprised to find Axe, Thunder, California, KSG, Homz, Tim, myself, and others bidding that puppy up to a nice profit.

Best of luck to you.

Murph.[/quote']

He's right you could make alot of money...

Awesome! I've been thinking about getting a summer job (fast food probably being the only option). But I figure why do something like that when I could do something I love? I love the thought of being able to fuse my two greatest loves: music and art. I'd do some standard finishes as well as more artistic or design fueled pieces. I'm pretty sure I'm going to put new inlays in my lp as well so that could be an additional service I could provide. Eventually I'd like to learn how to be a tech. That way I could do complete professional setups as well. I'll take one step at a time right now though.

](*,)

Awesome! I've been thinking about getting a summer job (fast food probably being the only option). But I figure why do something like that when I could do something I love? I love the thought of being able to fuse my two greatest loves: music and art. I'd do some standard finishes as well as more artistic or design fueled pieces. I'm pretty sure I'm going to put new inlays in my lp as well so that could be an additional service I could provide. Eventually I'd like to learn how to be a tech. That way I could do complete professional setups as well. I'll take one step at a time right now though.

](*[/quote']

Why clean toliets when you can paint guitars!

murphs main axe

lincoln.jpg

back up

46000full.jpg

The second axe is my specialty paint job. The purple paint is made of crushed amethyst and the lighter parts have essence of Hannah Montana hair... VERY expensive. It is a very complex painting technique as well. It really is hard to make wood look, sound and feel like genuine plastic!

You have some nice taste Murph.

i've heard that the second one is really easy to play' date=' you can'y even feel the frets. i like the purple neck HC very nice touch. murph definately knows how to pick em, i bet thats gonna be the next 59 LP.

[img']http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l433/nikko14_squirrel/lolcano.gif[/img]

Let's invest!

I've got some money, let's pool it and buy all of them!

I don't know if you watch the Office, but it'd be like when Dwight buys all those da,mned unicorn barbie doll abominations and sells them to parents right before Christmas for a killing.

Archived