Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic

Senior Rocker

Hey everyone,

New to the forum.

Looking at a 2017 LP Classic in a Silver Burst color for sale online.

Beautiful guitar in mint new condition, and the serial number matches the year as claimed, but that color doesn't appear in the Gibson catalog or on their website as an option as far as I can find.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2019 at 4:29 PM, Senior Rocker said:

Hey everyone,

New to the forum.

Looking at a 2017 LP Classic in a Silver Burst color for sale online.

Beautiful guitar in mint new condition, and the serial number matches the year as claimed, but that color doesn't appear in the Gibson catalog or on their website as an option as far as I can find.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gibson only made the Les Paul Classic in the Silverburst that one year in a limited run for Samash exclusively. The made two models, the classic and classic T. The difference being the T has a one piece fretboard that is thicker and the bridge pickup is a 57 classic plus, which is a hotter pickup than the standard 57 classic pickup like the neck pu. These are getting harder to find. I own the classic T model. I was looking for a deal on a Silverburst custom, but ran across the classic and couldn't pass it up for the price and thinner neck (it has the slim taper 60's neck which I prefer as I have smaller hands)  It is all the guitar I'll ever need. Hope this helps.