Gibson Brands Forums

Well I just could not resist - New Amp Day

Riffster

I had been tempted to buy an Orange OR15 for a while but never saw a good deal locally until last week.

This head and cab, a 2x12 with Celestions V30 was listed for $700 in new condition, I offered $650 cash and offered to pick it up. A sweet, sweet deal, even included cable. Retail is $1,450 on this.

This thing rocks.

Without further ado.

32803364458_aff8e6808d_b.jpg

45763369485_f5c3cf315f_k.jpg

45763372675_5563e83f48_k.jpg

...This head and cab, a 2x12 with Celestions V30 was listed for $700 in new condition, I offered $650 cash and offered to pick it up. A sweet, sweet deal, even included cable. Retail is $1,450 on this....

Nicely done!

Thanks guys, this amp is awesome, definitely a different voicing from my other amps which is a good thing.

It looks like the speakers are not broken and and that makes a different on V30's so i'll keep on playing through it an crank it in the first opportunity.

Lately I have been running my other amps through a Weber attenuator even though they have drive/gain knobs as they sound more open.

This Orange has a hard clipping voicing, not sure how to describe it, I'll play through it as is and then use the attenuator to see the difference.

This thing looks awesome, i'll probably flip the orange logo on the cab since I am planning to leave it on its side.

The other nice thing about it is that I can use this cab with my Marshall and Mesa heads for even more variety of sounds.

This Orange has a hard clipping voicing, not sure how to describe it...

In the 70's we called it "clank", "clanky". Orange and HiWatt did that, Fender had a couple powerful amps that were that way too, Dual Showman, Dual Professional. Super headroom, super mids, it took three Big Muffs in a row to get any grind out of them kinds of amps!

Nice amp! Good luck with it.

rct

Archived