Gibson Brands Forums

What song really gets you going

brc

Being raised in the late 1940s early 1950s, I was in my late teens early twenties when some of the great bands were cranking out some amazing songs.

I still play a lot of the 1950s - 1970s music, but when I put on Jefferson Airplane “ Somebody to love “ it brings me back to those great years.

Our band was playing 6-7 nights a week, so those were some great times.

What are some of the songs that gets every one going.

What are some of the songs that gets every one going.

Born in '46 and there are just too many to mention BUT, when I was gigging in the mid '60' "Who put the sand in the Vaseline" always got everyone to the dance floor LOL.

Bill!!

Hard to say because there are so many.

Today I feel like I’d have to say

To Kingdom Come - The Band

Need Your Love So Bad - Fleetwood Mac

Killing Yourself to Live - Black Sabbath

Hey Mr.T. How ya be . Great songs there also. Kind of wondering with so many geeeetar players on the forum, what songs really got the folks stopping their feet and howling at the moon.

I stil like “ Waitress oh waitress come sit on my face “

I'm not really sure how to interpret "gets you going". So I'm just thinking of those songs that I crank up and jam to whenever they play.

a few in no order..

Let It Go - Def Leopard

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers - ZZ Top

Heading Out To The Highway - Judas Priest

...If I drive and hear Deep Purple's Highway Star, I'll get a ticket :-)...

Yup.

Especially the 'Made in Japan' cut...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS7XOWaQ

Hustler - Miranda.

Great guitar track from a little known UK band who's biggest claim to fame was supporting Queen during an early 70's tour...

Thanks for posting that, Ian. I'd never even heard of Hustler before. How did THAT happen????.......msp_blink.gif.......eusa_think.gif......

Pip.

EDIT : I just let YT play on in the background after I posted the above clip and it went into a version of 'Lazy' I'd never previously heard.

Blackmore's solo from around the 07:17 mark is well worth checking out for those who like a bit of Purple...

Yup.

Especially the 'Made in Japan' cut...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS7XOWaQ

Thanks for posting that, Ian. I'd never even heard of Hustler before. How did THAT happen????.......msp_blink.gif.......eusa_think.gif......

Pip.

EDIT : I just let YT play on in the background after I posted the above clip and it went into a version of 'Lazy' I'd never previously heard.

Blackmore's solo from around the 07:17 mark is well worth checking out for those who like a bit of Purple...

Thanks for posting that Pippy, what a great version of Lazy, the band were clearly enjoying themselves, you don't tend to see Richie Blackmoor smiling very often.

Ian

I just let YT play on in the background after I posted the above clip and it went into a version of 'Lazy' I'd never previously heard.

Thanks for that. That's one of my favorite Purple songs and that's a great version. msp_thumbup.gif

Anything by Skynyrd, Allman or Peter Green`s Fleetwood always gets my undivided attention.

The other night we`re playing "Black Magic Woman", the other guitarist said " you were play Greens version!"

"Feck you and Carlos was my response".

Archived