Gibson Brands Forums

Five Favorite Live Albums

Californiaman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Los Lobos years ago on NYE. They played Bertha. Do you like the Latin Playboys. Their first one was the bomb. The second was good but no match for the first.

I saw them in London. They segued out of one song into Peter Green's 'Rattlesnake Shake'! Yes, love both Latin Playboys albums. Cesar Rosas's Soul Disguise is PDG also.

Don't know why someone is giving you a (-). Humble Pie - Performance Rocking The Fillmore is balls to the wall, 100 miles a minute.

Yeah. I agree. What's up with the minus? I mean who really cares?

It's good music. I'ver seen Humble Pie live and I'ver heard the album. 100 miles a minute and some great Humble Pie.

CJLlbx6.jpg

Another one I like.

The Bass Player, DD, li'l Turd...... started a fight with me at a MOTORHEAD SHOW at the RITZ, when it was on 11TH Street, in NYC in 1986, that li'l Prick, he had 25 people guarding him.....thats the only reason he didn't get a free trip to the hospital.Couldn't play for $#!T either.....

The Bass Player, DD, li'l Turd...... started a fight with me at a MOTORHEAD SHOW at the RITZ, when it was on 11TH Street, in NYC in 1986, that li'l Prick, he had 25 people guarding him.....thats the only reason he didn't get a free trip to the hospital.Couldn't play for $#!T either.....

I'm shocked. lolz

rct

I'm shocked. lolz

rct

I loved those Guys, but all of my RAMONES Stories are not good one's...in terms of liking them as people. Joey(Jeff to his Buddies) I'll leave him out as he is DEAD...... and Dee Dee even if he is DEAD, **** HIM ! He begged me to put him in the hospital, he was so HIGH I am sure he did not remember the next day.....BUT, I straight up wanted to **** that li'l Dude up. Him and his 'Panic Squad' Buddies...

James Brown - Live at The Apollo

Otis Redding - Monterey

Aretha Franklin - Live at Fillmore West

Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus

Byrds - Untitled or Live at Fillmore (both are with Clarence White)

-----------------

Flying Burrito Bros - Last of The Red Hot Burritos

Santana - Lotus

Free - Live

Donny Hathaway - Live

Wes Montgomery - Full House

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Not surprised.

He was a junkie most of his life.

Doesn't excuse anything.

But I'm sure he got beat up a lot.

That's probably why those 25 were there.

OH yes he was a JUNKSTER alright, Horsed out of his mind when he did what he did too.....I knew some of the 'PANIC SQUAD' guys, it was a bunch of pretty rugged type guys that hung out at the RITZ that kinda made sure that the local "ROCK STARS" did not get hassled/BEAT-UP etc etc.....

Did you see the show that led up to the RAMONES induction into the HoF ? DEE-DEE was sooooo screwed up, by then there was no hiding what had happened to his once decent looks,OMG.... WHATTA MESS ! I'd almost laughed but it was kinda not funny, actually SAD, but self-inflicted none-the-less...that he lived as long as he did was beating the odds.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a bit controversial and I know some people just didn't get it at the time but,

Dave Mathews and Time Reynolds live at Luther College has seen a lot of playing time on my play list lately.

That was by far one of the top albums for two guys doing there thing on guitar.

Tim Reynolds is one of the most underrated (legit—wide ranging sonic virtuosos in my little world) guitarist out there.

He is a tunesmith who controls a wide variety of effects, textures, sounds, and time manipulates who ever picked up a guitar. My analysis only. Other's will say what they will.

Any way I dg it. Great album. Give it a spin.

Oh, and Dave Mathews isn't so bad himself. Yeah!

It's good licorice pizza (Cali's, see how I did that?) Yeah baby get some of that old school reference to the mecca of vinyl, 8-tracks, cassettes, and compact discs.

Whoao! Sorry, had a pretty good flashback just then.

Anyway, GET YOU SOME OF THAT!!!

Ha!!!!!

No Sleep til Hammersmith

If You Want Blood..you got it

Live after Death

Many others too. (And YT live gig videos even moreso)

Oh it's unposed to be five. I need 2 more...

Does "ladies and gentlemen, the Rolling Stones" count or was it just a DVD?

Led Zep ar Albert Hall....same deal I guess

Oh it's unposed to be five. I need 2 more...

Does "ladies and gentlemen, the Rolling Stones" count or was it just a DVD?

Led Zep ar Albert Hall....same deal I guess

Led Zep at Royal Albert Hall is one of my favourites too and the best footage/ performance on that DVD set. In terms of their albums, BBC Sessions is my top pick, especially disc 2.

Good call on If You Want Blood also, though I'd choose Let There Be Rock: Live in Paris as their best live album (it was included in the boxset Bonfire as well as on separate DVD as you probably know).

Archived