Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul Day

badbluesplayer

After griping at Gibson for years for various things I renewed my customershipness with a new LP Standard in Cherry Burst, on the way from Ryan Murphy at Sweetwater. It had a little finish issue that they kind of buffed out, but everything else was real nice. Nice and light, nice top, one piece back, everything looks in the right place. If you squint right, all the tuners seem lined up too, lol. I've included a case shot for RCT. It'll be here Tuesday!

oQBe2ts.jpg

eCb4iUl.jpg

Pc6O5qr.jpg

blDGuI9.jpg

auq8IkK.jpg

t6dUs77.jpg

lbRh9v2.jpg

oXrNRyk.jpg

uAXsyHt.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweeeet - make sure to post some of your own photos when it comes in next week.

Pickguard should be included so all you need is a poker chip as FZ says. You can get an historically correct one for only $50 or so. [woot]

I didn't realize the 2019 Standard had the dip switches too. Always seemed a little more complicated than necessary to me, but let us know how you like them for flexibility. I think you'll like the Burstbuckers. They are on the bright and clean side, but you can always grunge them up as needed with amp or pedals. Does it have compound radius fingerboard? Site says asymmetrical neck, but doesn't mention fingerboard.

This is not your Daddy's LP, but once you get used to the modern upgrades I think you'll really enjoy it. [thumbup]

Dude it is a sharp looking guitar for sure but.........Did you notice the string eyes poking out of the end of the tail piece? My firebird came that way. I took a drill bit and cleaned out the burrs inside of there and it looks normal now.

It is a beautiful guitar you have there!!! Did they say how much it weighed?

Bas A-ss. Now put a pickguard on and poker chip so it looks right. Thought you were gonna go to Nashville and check some out?

I was going to head to Nashville but I emailed Corner Music to see what they had and they said "Were no longer a dealer due to the @#&**! )+ restrictions and the *#%!*** bull**** way they treat their...." And I'm like :unsure:

So that leaves one dealer in Nashville I believe - other than big box places. So I said the heck with it and waited till Sweetwater got some. This is about the sixth guitar I've bought from them. I bought this one the same day they listed it. [thumbup]

Sweeeet - make sure to post some of your own photos when it comes in next week.

It should look good with a tweed background, lol.

Pickguard should be included so all you need is a poker chip as FZ says. You can get an historically correct one for only $50 or so. [woot]

I didn't realize the 2019 Standard had the dip switches too. Always seemed a little more complicated than necessary to me, but let us know how you like them for flexibility. I think you'll like the Burstbuckers. They are on the bright and clean side, but you can always grunge them up as needed with amp or pedals. Does it have compound radius fingerboard? Site says asymmetrical neck, but doesn't mention fingerboard.

This is not your Daddy's LP, but once you get used to the modern upgrades I think you'll really enjoy it. [thumbup]

The pickguard's going on right away.

It has all the wiring options with the dip switches. The last LP I had had some of that stuff and I replaced the board with regular hard 60's wiring but I'm going to give it a shot the way it is. I don't have as much of a problem with the whole board thing as I used to.

Dude it is a sharp looking guitar for sure but.........Did you notice the string eyes poking out of the end of the tail piece? My firebird came that way. I took a drill bit and cleaned out the burrs inside of there and it looks normal now.

Yes I noticed that. I noticed that on a few others too. Thanks for the heads-up on drilling them out. I'll have them overdrilled in notime, lol.

It is a beautiful guitar you have there!!! Did they say how much it weighed?

8lb-3oz

Sweet.. I like the subtle flame on the top and unlike the others I like it without the chip and guard :P

Im also kind of interested in the dip switches and if they actually contain useful sounds.. Like when you first try coil splits, they usually don't quite sound right. But I like the idea behind it.

The combination of the push-pulls and the dip switches sounds pretty intriguing, I must say....though they've not done an 'in series' setting which I think the Page wiring has.

Peter Green LP tone will be there!

I do like the idea of humbuckers being wired to the max and able to get every possible tone out of them.

[thumbup]

That looks sweet! Like FZ Fan, I like the poker chip and pickguard on a LP. Looks like a nice guitar though

I noticed the bridge studs look a little different. Or am I trippin out?

The new bridges are different. It has the little hex sockets in the posts for adjusting the height, I guess. I'm not sure who makes them or what. The spec sheet says "Aluminum Tune O Matic."

Archived