Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul Day

badbluesplayer

Very tidy!

I didnt notice the absence of poker chip til Joel pointed it out. I took my pickguard off but the poker chip has to stay. Its got instructions on it!

I'm also curious about the dipswitches. Let us know how you get on with 'em.

I'm looking forward to all the stuff the switches do. I'll have to admit I didn't even read through what all the functions are. I have until Tuesday! [thumbup]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet.. I like the subtle flame on the top and unlike the others I like it without the chip and guard :P

Im also kind of interested in the dip switches and if they actually contain useful sounds.. Like when you first try coil splits, they usually don't quite sound right. But I like the idea behind it.

Yeah, I didn't like the coil splits in the 2012 LP I had. There's other functions in the new ones that I'mm looking forward to. [thumbup]

The combination of the push-pulls and the dip switches sounds pretty intriguing, I must say....though they've not done an 'in series' setting which I think the Page wiring has.

Peter Green LP tone will be there!

I do like the idea of humbuckers being wired to the max and able to get every possible tone out of them.

[thumbup]

If it does the Peter Green thing I'll be chopping out "Homework" all afternoon! [thumbup]

The new bridges are different. It has the little hex sockets in the posts for adjusting the height, I guess. I'm not sure who makes them or what. The spec sheet says "Aluminum Tune O Matic."

I think the nut's on the bridge posts lock it into position. So if you remove all the strings at the same time for cleaning or whatever you don't accidentally move the thumbwheels and raise or lower the bridge unintentionally. Don't have to reset string height that way.

With the dip switches, and asymmetrical neck, it's like the 2019 Standard has the features of the earlier HP models except you get pick-up rings, and normal colors. I like it!! [thumbup]

If it does the Peter Green thing I'll be chopping out "Homework" all afternoon! [thumbup]

Awesome guitar! I wasn't aware that the new Standards had all the DIP switches as well. My 2017 Standard has the push/pull pots and one of them takes the pickups out of phase for the Peter Green sound, so you should absolutely be able to get that. Great buy and I'm a fan of Sweetwater as well. Congratulations on a beautiful guitar. Can't wait to hear the review once you've played it for a few hours.

It came yesterday and I played it awhile last night. It's beautiful. Light and resonant. The workmanship is as good as it gets.

I put some new strings on it and I'm ready to go at it some more.

PrdWU6q.jpg

Vader's checking it out -

gsW65RF.jpg

That new Gibson smell!

EFduqmc.jpg

Who's your Daddy?

qN8Vnz3.jpg

Ecellent fretwork! A medium type fret -

FfQ9Gd3.jpg

CrNZhBP.jpg

Archived