Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson website??

RLM69

Interesting.

I'm guessing it's currently a 'work in progress' unless they have done away with all Custom Shop reissues, Artist Signature models etc...etc...and are intending to offer USA-line only products from now on......

It might be that older models (2018?) will appear after the redesign is completed but I wouldn't hold my breath on that score. Whilst it was, no doubt, interesting for us to have been able to see specs from yesteryear (I used it that way myself) it DID clog up the system with, say, 139 'different' versions of the Les Paul to investigate over a dozen or more pages - and with only perhaps 1/10th of those models shown 'currently' available for a prospective customer to buy.

I can also see the marketing logic behind Gibson.com only showing what is currently available to buy new. After all; why should Gibson use their own official site to advertise models which, realistically, are only available on the used market?

Pip.

Interesting.

I'm guessing it's currently a 'work in progress' unless they have done away with all Custom Shop reissues, Artist Signature models etc...etc...and are intending to offer USA-line only products from now on......

It might be that older models (2018?) will appear after the redesign is completed but I wouldn't hold my breath on that score. Whilst it was, no doubt, interesting for us to have been able to see specs from yesteryear (I used it that way myself) it DID clog up the system with, say, 139 'different' versions of the Les Paul to investigate over a dozen or more pages - and with only perhaps 1/10th of those models shown 'currently' available for a prospective customer to buy.

I can also see the marketing logic behind Gibson.com only showing what is currently available to buy new. After all; why should Gibson use their own official site to advertise models which, realistically, are only available on the used market?

Pip.

Just a thought. Perhaps they are trying to get folks to buy NEW by not showing the older models so the buyer will not run off to Reverb and buy a used older model they seen on the Gibson site. Gibson doesn't make money off the sale of their used guitars

I don't think they would put out a site that is still under construction. They would finish it up then replace the old with the new. I think because of the bankruptcy, they may be keeping things simple for a bit. Cast in point, only two color choices for the USA models and the Henry Ford basic Customs of old.

Archived