Gibson Brands Forums

One Wileyfool RIP

Johnt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice to see some major forum veterans come out of the woodwork for Onewilyfool, Robert. . . 40Yrs, Retrorod, and who knew. . . Gilliangirl. . . it speaks volumes. . .

I hope all of you have been well.

Thanks for checking in.

Was checking though sone old pics and found photos of TWilson and AlbertJohn, both “old timers” , both playing with the angels

It does bring it all home

A few of us hang out on Facebook in a group called “Guitarnutz” started by Old Fred

Maybe we will see you there

I'm really sorry to hear that.I loved the humor he brought.Amongst other things remember Ugly Guitars of the Week. RIP mate.

Yes, I’d forgotten the Ugly Guitars fun. Always enjoyed his puns and honest notes.

Glad to have made his acquaintance. It’s a sad day, but it feels right that we’re all shuffling through here, remembering...

Quoting from a Facebook post

“We talked to his ex-wife Prema on Saturday night, she said that it was quick with no trauma and then when she gave him a kiss goodbye he had a calm look on his face...”

RIP Wily

OWF - if you can still get the internet...

My cousin Kim joined me a few years back as we played Ashokan Farewell at my Father In Law's funeral. I played my Gibson, she her violin. I had never heard the song before she introduced me to it. She came up from Nashville for the funeral the day before, she taught me the song, and we played it the next day at the service.

I tried to record it again tonight with me playing the guitar, and me playing the mandolin. However my mandolin is not as strong as Kim's violin. So I scrapped my effort, but my sentiment is the same, and I share with you the version Kim and I played years back. We are all melancholy with your passing, and hopeful you are in a great friggin place.

https://soundcloud.c...okan-farewell-1

The sun is sinking low in the sky above Ashokan

The pines and the willows know soon we will part

There's a whisper in the wind of promises unspoken

And a love that will always remain in my heartMy thoughts will return to the sound of your laughter

The magic of moving as one

And a time we'll remember long ever after

The moonlight and music and dancing are doneWill we climb the hills once more?

Will we walk the woods together?

Will I feel you holding me close once again?

Will every song we've sung stay with us forever?

Will you dance in my dreams or my arms until then?Under the moon the mountains lie sleeping

Over the lake the stars shine

They wonder if you and I will be keeping

The magic and music, or leave them behind

Jay A. Ungar

Archived