Gibson Brands Forums

My First Gibson

Howlin4Hubert

No, I wish it was that simple. Actually I haven't even played it yet. I only took it out of the box to make sure it wasn't dinged or scratch and to check the serial number. It's just that my circumstances have changed since I ordered it. A few weeks ago my wife and I had our first child :)

JG.jpg

So we now have a pretty tight budget but everything still would have been OK if not for the economy turning so bad and effecting government budgets. I work for the State I live in and took a promotion a few months ago. I was supposed to get a nice raise with the added work. That's when I ordered my DF. Then within a few weeks of my promotion a financial freeze went into effect so that I didn't get the raise but it was said to likely happen around Jan 1. So I was still hopeful that I could keep the DF. Then things got worse for the State and now not only did I not get the raise but they are talking very seriously about a pay cut or forced furlough (days off with no pay) or both.

My wife loves the DF too and so were trying to figure out a way to keep it but as each day goes by it is becoming more apparent that I can't keep it and at this point I can't return it so I'm just going to have to find a loving new home for it unless I happen to come across some incredibly generous soul that will subsidize my habit. :)

Sorry for the sob story, just frustrated that I can't keep it :(

Oh well I'm glad and grateful that I still have a job, a home, an awesome family, great music, and a few guitars :)

Congratulations!!! Gorgeous baby. You're making the right call. No point getting stressed over a guitar during this period which can be stressful as it is anyways. You can always get one back when things are looking better.

Perhaps you can sell the unit on this forum to someone who is desperately waiting.

Thanks MCK! Having a baby has been a HUGE adjustment but he is such an awesome little guy! :) Can't wait to get him his first guitar.

I agree totally, just not worth stressing about. Just makes me a little sad but I know I will have plenty of opportunities to own Gibsons in the future. As for selling it I definitely am willing to sell to someone here if we can work it out. Otherwise I'm likely going to list it on eBay this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Archived