Gibson Brands Forums

New Custom Shop 60th Anniversary Les Paul

Rabs

what is the wood they use for the fingerboard for export?

Somebody knows about?

thanks

Andy

Well the original 59s had Brazilian Rosewood. You cant really use that any more as its protected.. So they are using Bolivian Rosewood instead for some models as they say its similar to the Brazilian stuff, but obviously legal to export.

Well the original 59s had Brazilian Rosewood. You cant really use that any more as its protected.. So they are using Bolivian Rosewood instead for some models as they say its similar to the Brazilian stuff, but obviously legal to export.

Thanks Rabs, should be permitted the Bolivian for export purposes, but not the Indian rosewood probably.

Andy

Hmmm... Unpotted pickups? Im not sure that's a good idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oItlaB_JaLo

Theres another one here too that talks about the 64 SG.. But MAN those flamey DC Specials.. I really really like those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOd8DBfYd8

I got the 2019 'SG' STANDARD w/MAESTRO Vibrola and its NOT in GLOSS CHERRY like the one in the video, NOPE, mine is in 'AGED CHERRY' and it looks almost Black/Ebony, and I am glad I got that Bad-Boy.....I was waiting for this particular Guitar to come along. GIBSON USA comes out with SIDEWAYS Tremolo SG's and MAESTRO's every so often.......AND almost no one has the AGED CHERRY MAESTRO I got, and with the '57's in it, instead of the '61 Re-Issue's or the 490 R & T's that are in the other SG Standard's this year, WOWO, ICB Finally I got something a li'l different from the avg. GIBSON USA issue ! The MAESTRO sounds as good as it looks too ! U kno, even better ! its a real BAD-A$ AXE, I WILL see if a link will post a pic...this is not a great picture but, its what I got at the moment.......the Truss-Rod cover was a 3 ply blank, I changed it to this one here.....

32401016308_fc8de8e630_z.jpg

and the 2019 SG CUSTOM Shop AGED VOS, IMO is not as SHARP as this 2019 Standard. Somehow a faked 'AGED' Guitar doesn't do it for me, I'll take a new one, and age it myself !! The Beatings are FREE !

I got the 2019 'SG' STANDARD w/MAESTRO Vibrola ... in 'AGED CHERRY' and it looks almost Black/Ebony ... Somehow a faked 'AGED' Guitar doesn't do it for me, I'll take a new one ...

Very pretty Aged Cherry SG Standard ... and I completely agree with you on just getting new.

Archived