Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson New Changes

JAC

I like the new changes at Gibson. I like that they are going back to some of the older popular models. At first I was uncertain about it but, I like to see Gibson continue to do well. I like to see the product being more affordable to the average consumer as well. Instead of doing the "uncalled for" things Henry was doing, I like to see Gibson also come out with some small cool tube amps. I would also be excited to see things like the Maestro Gibson FZ-1 fuzz tone reissued and made available at an affordable attractive price. I'm probably just dreaming on some of this I figure.

I was just thinking about the possibility of some of the Maestro effects on Thursday after seeing the NAMM videos.

As somebody who obsesses over these things (I have an original FZ-1A and have built and bought clones) I have to tell you there is literally zero chance that Gibson can successfully recreate the FZ-1 or FZ-1A at an affordable price.

If Gibson were to reissue those particular effects they would be inconsistent at best due to the nature of the design (they have reissued it unsuccessfully before and even the originals were inconsistent)

They could do the FZ-1S which was a cool pedal. They could do a lot of things from their effect and amp history. The Fuzz Tone just requires a level of part selection and attention to detail that makes it impossible to reissue in a consistently good way. They will never get the original transistors again in mass manufacturing quantity.

I bought a broken FZ-1A for $150 and fixed it easily. Keep an eye out for deals like that if you’re determined to get one of those and I’d be happy to help fix it if anything like that comes up

I went to NAMM today, Saturday, & I gotta say Gibson was really well represented...

There appeared to be about 100 New Guitar offerings. Both Electric & Acoustic. Many familiar Guitars of each.. Plus several New Reissues...

Surprised there were no ES Les Paul's?

From all appearances & the Guitars I played the QC was top notch!

I was thoroughly impressed.. Well worth the trip & dealing with the crowds...

Now if they'd reissue a 3 Pickup, Sunburst 65 Firebird with Maestro & all Gold hardware...

L

I went to NAMM today, Saturday, & I gotta say Gibson was really well represented...

There appeared to be about 100 New Guitar offerings. Both Electric & Acoustic. Many familiar Guitars of each.. Plus several New Reissues...

Surprised there were no ES Les Paul's?

From all appearances & the Guitars I played the QC was top notch!

I was thoroughly impressed.. Well worth the trip & dealing with the crowds...

Now if they'd reissue a 3 Pickup, Sunburst 65 Firebird with Maestro & all Gold hardware...

L

Did you see any Byrdlands ?

Archived