Gibson Brands Forums

The Goose has landed

GooseAbuse

Hello everyone I am Steve Bowman 31 years old from Arizona. My friends call me Goose and you all welcome to do the same. I bought a Les Paul standard as a wedding present to myself in May 2017, my first ever Gibson.

Thanks for having me, Rock Guitars Forever!

Hello everyone I am Steve Bowman 31 years old from Arizona. My friends call me Goose and you all welcome to do the same. I bought a Les Paul standard as a wedding present to myself in May 2017, my first ever Gibson.

Hello and welcome to the forums Goose. msp_thumbup.gif I like that name as the Goose on Top Gun movie. My nick name is Butch and like you, I bought my 1st Gibson Standard as a retirement present 6 years ago. Well? May 31 will make it 6 years. Close enough. I live in Nebraska and congrats on your Les Paul.

wait a sec..

you bought yourself a guitar, as a wedding present??

Goose, you are one BRAVE lad!!

LOL!

Welcome to the asylum

wait a sec..

you bought yourself a guitar, as a wedding present??

Goose, you are one BRAVE lad!!

LOL!

Welcome to the asylum

Wedding/Birthday present actually, I got married two days after turning 30. I explained to my wife that I had wanted a Les Paul since i was 15, about to turn 30 that was Half my life! She knows how much I love guitar and her so how could she say no? Plus I was spending thousands of dollars on wedding and honeymoon stuff, I was due for my own reward. I saw it as part of me ascending to manhood. I had the girl and the Axe; I had reached my final form and I was ready to conquer the world Metaphorically.

Wedding/Birthday present actually, I got married two days after turning 30. I explained to my wife that I had wanted a Les Paul since i was 15, about to turn 30 that was Half my life! She knows how much I love guitar and her so how could she say no? Plus I was spending thousands of dollars on wedding and honeymoon stuff, I was due for my own reward. I saw it as part of me ascending to manhood. I had the girl and the Axe; I had reached my final form and I was ready to conquer the world Metaphorically.

lucky man, I wanted a Gibson since I was 13 and didn't get my first one till I was 60. msp_flapper.gif

Archived