Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ozark

New to Gibson

New to Gibson's but not to guitars. I received my first acoustic 42 years ago but put it away for a number of years. I dug it out of the closet but thought I needed to upgrade so last year I bought a Yamaha FG800, then a Martin MMV and this Christmas I got a 2019 Gibson J-15. My other guitars are great but I am loving the Gibson.

Greetings, and welcome to the board! :)

More of an electric type guy, but I bet most here have an acoustic or two stashed somewhere ;)

Btw, if that Yamahammer FG800 is anything like the earlier FG700 series, it a fine guitar. A Big Bang for the $$. I have a 710 (same as 700, but an exclusive for one of the wholesellers). I wasn't even in the market for one, but after listing to it, I had to give one a try. With the solid Sitka spruce top, it just keeps sounding better year after year.

....and this Christmas I got a 2019 Gibson J-15.

Well done. Gibson really scored with the J-15. They all just seem to sound great. Welcome to the boards!

Welcome to the forum Ozark.msp_thumbup.gif Nice score on the Gibson but the rest too. I have a Yamaha 12 string and a Ovation 6 but play electric a bit more. Still love the tones of acoustics though.