Gibson Brands Forums

I've been leaving my J45 sitting in front my my bass amp...

sbpark

Without even realizing or doing it on purpose I've been leaving my J45 just in front of/off to the side of my Fender Rumble 210 combo amp since last July. I know it sounds nuts, and I've never been believer of guitars magically "opening up". Or should I say that I think it can happen, but isn't a given, and some guitars may open up or change over time, some for the better, some may end up sounding worse, and some may not change at all. I bought this guitar brand new because I thought it had a nice low end, but over the last few moths have been noticing that the guitar sounds way more full and open. Initially I felt like it had somewhat of a tight, almost pinched high end, but all of that is no longer. This guitar just sounds amazing. Maybe it's all in my head, who knows, but that guitar has literally been out on that stand in front of that amp that I play for quite a while and sounds better every day.

q48zcq7.jpg?1

I bought this guitar brand new because I thought it had a nice low end, but over the last few moths have been noticing that the guitar sounds way more full and open. Initially I felt like it had somewhat of a tight, almost pinched high end, but all of that is no longer. This guitar just sounds amazing. Maybe it's all in my head, who knows, but that guitar has literally been out on that stand in front of that amp that I play for quite a while and sounds better every day.

...any chance you have an early recording you can replicate the set up from, see if the differences could be captured on recordings, would love to hear them if it could?

Archived