Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mistafeeze

Help Identifying ES

Local guitar store has this and I can’t figure out what it is. The shop guys don’t know either and have no record other than the consignment owner who can’t be contacted immediately. I have the serial and can call Gibson tomorrow but would love to know now. Also the knobs sure don’t seem standard as far as their placement goes. Appears to be a legit Gibson but can’t figure it out. Any help is appreciated!

I’ll have to upload pics later. Can’t do it from phone

post-40190-086878100 1550439054_thumb.jpeg

post-40190-084015100 1550439175_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mistafeeze

Local guitar store has this and I can't figure out what it is. The shop guys don't know either and have no record other than the consignment owner who can't be contacted immediately. I have the serial and can call Gibson tomorrow but would love to know now. Also the knobs sure don't seem standard as far as their placement goes. Appears to be a legit Gibson but can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated!

I'll have to upload pics later. Can't do it from phone

ES-235? A friend of mine just got one in black and it's a stunner!

My link

Edited by kaicho8888

Took a lot of searching online to figure this out. And a call to Gibson this morningconfirmed it. ES-446.

Despite it being a CS guitar, people who walk into the store want nothing to do with it because of the repaired headstock and it being so rough cosmetically. Man it plays great...I’m gonna try and snag it cheap since the store just wants to give it back to its owner.