Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J45 Legend or Gibson J45 TV VOS Limited Edition

eeh1

IMHO I think the legend is overpriced and over rated!

I have owned both! "But" kept the J45 TV Adi topped Hyde glued special edition! Why? Sound and the neck! The sound I felt was better! With the TV. The neck to me is way way more comfortable! Now I am sure others will nay say me but!~ I like the TV Adi topped Hyde glue special edition better. Plus you can buy them used for in the $2000 range which I think is a steal! I have seen them as low as $1700 on e bay. The Legends I feel are not worth $3000 +! Now an Gibson AJ Madagascar/ Adi Topped Supreme is worth every bit of $3900! again thats just my humble opinion. Let the fun begin! :-)

suburude

After owning and selling a Legend I'd have to say I'd go for the TV. Though the Legend was a nice guitar I don't think sound wise it stood out from any of the other Montana round shoulder guitar's that I've had. I've never played a TV but from what I've heard said about them they are a good guitar. My present Montana Gibson is an 03 OJ and I'd have to say that from what I remember of the Legends sound, this OJ is louder and a overall better sounding guitar then my Legend was and for a lot less money, actually half as much. I do think the Legend is the best looking round shoulder that Gibson makes.

Archived